Overland Park, Kansas
1.7K views

I was mislead by a representative of Melalueca telling me the products were "natural" and "organic", I had been making my own cleaners at the time (still do) but was looking for better for kids products. Well needless to say I was quite upset and surprised when I got the first shipment and found out what was in the Koala Pals kids body wash:

Body Wash Ingredients: Aqua (water/Eau), Sodium trideceth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum, Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, d-a-Tocopheryl Acetate (Natural Vitamin E), Avena Sativa (Oat) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Amylcinnamyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Hexl Cinnamal, Linallol

So needless to say this body wash actually contained more chemicals than what I had been using previously. (you can see what the toxicity of the ingredients are at http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com) I had no trouble canceling my account, all though I was out quite a bit of money for that first shipment and the company did not refund, unless I paid to ship it back and it was not worth my time or $$ to do so. On the bright side I found a much better solution for my family. Completely Organic body wash by Natures Paradise (http://www.organic-baby-resource.com/natures-paradise.html, and Lafe's Organic Baby Foaming Baby Shampoo & Wash which is sold at target.com.

Melaleuca may have less chemicals than some other companies but there are alot better for the environment and less expensive ways to go. This was not a good fit for my family and brought more chemicals into my home than I wanted.

Just upset that I took the word of a "friend" rather than researching first, lessoned learned, just do your research, find out what ingredients are in the products, if you are OK with that then you found your fit, if not, move on, and read the contract first!!

Mom to many little ones

Product or Service Mentioned: Melaleuca Shampoo.

Comments

I have been a Melaleuca customer for a few years and they do not contain any harsh chemicals in their products at all. The products are non-toxic.

There are representatives who do not know the business or products they are selling. You should be able to get a refund and the shipping back.

@Christina30

Well, I am a big organic gal. so I sold Melaleuca for a year, because they said it was organic and safe.

I never did try the kids body wash, but for a laugh, I could have, while I had a chemical filter in their tub to keep the bad stuff out from the water it self...lol OMGosh.

I am all for healthy living, and our skin is one of our biggest organs. What we put on it is important, especially for our little brand new babes, which I did not want anything made from man on or in them. It was a bit surprising what was in some of the things. One of my kids has eczema and was really itchy and sensitive to many things but renew lotion worked wonders and was better then cortisone.

Some things were much better than what I was using, and as TriplePlus puts it, nothing works better than good old vinegar for just about everything, and the apple cider vinegar for sore throats.

This is just a quick 2 cents, I like quite a few things that they had, but to sell it, and not mention the name, just didn't work for me. I did like the tea tree oil, and the prespot. It got out stains that the market brands couldn't touch.

But that is just me. Let's just say I did not make a dime. I do not have that kind of personalty to lie.

That comes really hard for me. I believe some of the old cleaning recipes are best.

Melaleuca Reviews