Marlton, New Jersey

i called to cancel membership. was told to go to my options on website.

there is no such thing. I do not have a fax machine. did not place orders for two months and received a back up order. I have no choice but to go to my bank and not allow any meleleuca orders to be processes.

I cancelled my order do do extreme financial difficulties and cannot afford $70 per month.

Your cancellation policy is horrific.

I have enjoyed many of your products..but now when I need to stop,you are unable to help and unwilling. I am at a totalloss as to what to do.

Product or Service Mentioned: Melaleuca Membership.

Comments

Given the high number of Melaleuca victims out there and the fact that this company continues to operate globally with apparent impunity, clearly means they are very smart and extremely well versed in ignoring basic consumer rights. The "smart" bit is that every customer signs off on a contract agreement which has more fine print than most real estate contracts.

In our case, the Melaleuca sales rep completely avoided the strict terms of the agreement contract, actively discouraged us from reading that agreement and completely misrepresented the "back-up order" issue. In the same way the "Membership Pack" was only provided after we were pressured intio signing.

All these guys seem to care about is signing you up on the spot to a monthly commitment, which in some cases is sufficient to pay off a new car, when all you thought you were doing is buying something to clean your toilet. If you want choice in what you buy and use around your home and you wish to retain the right to control your own credit card or bank account, then I recommend you do NOT sign up with Melaleuca.

Consumers beware!

After unsuccessfully trying to cancel my membership I finally resorted to cancelling my credit card. Melaleuca still sent auto orders stating they were sending the unapproved orders to insure I did not run out of product (that I did not need or order!). The scam is that they charge you a 25% restock fee.It's a nightmare.

I am from Australia and having exactly the same issue as many of you. I have faxed my cancellation twice and they deny receiving anything.

My Direct Debit is $120 per month! I have finally made a formal complaint today to the Australian Consumer Affairs Commission as this company has an appalling was of doing business and I refuse to deal with them myself anymore.

Whoever the marketing rep above is has no idea how her company deals with customers obviously! I've mailed them and phoned them and emailed them and they keep sending me their ***.

When I mail it back I don't get credit for it. Cancelled my credit card and got a new one to stop them from sending me stuff.

Their boxes are piled in my front hall and THEY can come and get them at their expense. And yes they are absolutely RUDE RUDE RUDE when you tell them you've cancelled...

Im going to file a complaint at www.ripoffreport.com and any other site I can find! Im going to tell my FB and Twitter followers not to buy any of their products.

They make it so easy to join but as soon as you say you want to cancel they don't want to help you and try to get you to sucker more People in before you leave.Then give you a bogus web site... :(

Also we returned the items and they NEVER returned our money! They said our money was returned, but it was returned into the Melaleuca account!!!

Not into our bank account. Even though they specifically tolsd us it would be returned to our bank account once we return the items. Also they took 61 dollars and change almost 70 out and only credited us 50 dollars!!!!! They just sent us another package, and they are harassing us about paying for it because they were not able to take money out of our account.

We cancelled the card, because we couldn't cancel the Melaleuca account. The reason we couldn't cancel the account is because the "YOUR OPTIONS" thing is a fake. When I can get to that (on occasion it is available) I try to download the cancellation form, and it gives me an error message and I can not download it. So it is nothing more than a load of ***.

The whole company is. The lady who signed us up never said that I would be charged 70 a month if I did not buy product. I can't always afford to buy from them because they are extremely expensive. I paid 70 for toothpaste (with fluoride) vitamins a tiny bottle of shampoo 1 bar of soap and a small tube of pain cream.

I could buy that at my local store for 90% less!!! And get the same quality.

I do not believe anyone who says that they are "WAY" helpful and blah blah blah. :( My husband and I are currently having the exact same issue.

The customer service reps have deplorable tempers, and we have even caught one in a bold face lie. Just yesterday we were talking to a rude Melaleuca customer service rep who put us on hold to speak to her supervisor and then got back on the phone with us to bs us some more. My husband only took 1 minute of her *** before he said that he wanted to talk to her supervisor, and her reply was that there were no supervisors in today!?!?!?!?! Did she not just tell us she was speaking to her supervisor????

:? It just goes to show that this company is a load of ***.

Also who the *** says their company sells "ALL NATURAL" and "SAFE" products, when in big letters on the toothpaste it says FLUORIDE!!!!! I suggest people stay far away from Melaleuca.

Their products work.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS, I CALLED 4 MY MOM AND THEY MADE ME 3 WAY HER @ WORK AFTER THEY HAD SPOKEN MANY TIMES TO HERE ABOUT CANCELLING... THIS WEBSITE "YOUROPTIONS" THAT THEY SENT ME TO DOES NOT EXIST BUT THEY WILL ARGUE TILL THEY R BLUE THATIT WORKS..

ALL WE WANT TO DO IS CANCEL THE ACCOUNT AND STOP TAKING $ FROM MY MOMS ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH SHE RETURNS THE PRODUCT.... HOW CAN SOO MANY PPL BE SAYIN THE SAME THING ABOUT CANCELLING???

ITS OBVIOUS WHOS WRONG HERE... PLEASE LETME KNOW HOW TO CANCEL MY MOMS ACCOUNT AS SHE DOESNT WANT THE PRODUCT RETURNS IT AND STILL GETS CHARGED N HAS TO WAIT DAYS FOR $ TO B RETURNED..

I have been a Marketing Executive with Melaleuca since April. The "presentation" is clear...You can cancel your membership at any time. The customer service has been excellent dealing with this issue.

I also the cancellation form by mail, and they claimed not to have received it which I do not believe. Now I have to drive across town to Kinko's just so I can FAX them this form. Why can't they accept a scanned PDF form to email like the rest of world?

They say they are not MLM, I don't agree ,when I think of MLM Melaleuca fits the bill just like the rest. Shape it how you want but it's the same structure.

One selling point about this company that is very misleading is the 95% reorder rate. I read here that you don't "have" to join the membership thing. However after my presentation I agreed to try without membership but was told I can't.

Maybe i was lied to but it appears one time ordering is discouraged. When your in a membership where monthly purchases are required (unless you cancel) all 95% tells me is 5% cancel month after month.

i get pissed off at least twice a day , but have never been so pissed off AS IAM about this flippin melafuCA COMPANY . I WILL NEVER BUY THEIR PRODUCTS AGAIN BECAUASE THEY MAKE IT SO DIFICULT TO CANCEL, UP YOURS MELILUKA

Mr. Anonymous, Please stop spamming these boards.

Melaleuca is about as far from Multi-level-marketing as you will find. They don't have any distributors, you don't have to spend $thousands on a garage full of inventory, there is no multiple levels of distribution where you have to deliver products (the actual DEFINITION of multi-level).

If anything, Melaleuca is like a BMG music club where they give you a thank you check for introducing someone to the club. And for shopping there - it is exactly like a Sams Club shopping program.

I hate MLM's and wouldn't touch those guys with a 10 foot poll!

Ever hear if it is too good to be true then it probably is ? don't get fooled - this is an MLM company - ie Am Way All sorts of people will say nooooooo - we are not am MLM - but you know what - when they look inside their own hear all they see is that they are fooling themselves.

Don't be fooled by this stuff ... if you do then you are fooling yourself.

M.E. you are a marketing exec.

Duh! Of course they are going to listen to you! Its the little guy they can mess around with. Its so hard to get people away from these mlm's and internet marketing companies.

They have to get burned first and then they learn. Desperation and false hope go hand in hand.

I have helped about a dozen people see the light and pull out before they lost any significant monies. But, some people become loyal even though they go broke - its like a cult.

My brother has been doing melaleuca for 6 months, pumping money into it and giving presentations and he got a check for $10.

All that energy and money spent and he signed several people up (but its not an MLM! so he says) and he got $10 bucks. If he would have made $10 bucks an hour, he'd have $10,000 by now!

I am a marketing exec. with Melaleuca and have actually helped one of my enrollees cancel.

It's all too easy!!

No difficulties -- even for someone like me who is not the most tech-savvy person!! All of the reps I have spoke to have been WAAAAAY MORE than HELPFUL!!

It's because you didnt go to the right web address.

Let me guess, you called customer service and were told to go to www.melaleuca.com/youroptions.

I'm guessing that you went to www.melaleuca.com and then once there, looked around for something saying "Your Options"... which is not what you were told to do.

You need to go to "www.melaleuca.com/youroptions".

Type what I wrote in specifically into your address bar.

Once there you will be asked to sign in to get the form. Sign in. Proceed to the cancellation form button by clicking on "proceed to cancellation form".

There will be a few pages, but don't sweat it... there are only like 4.

Once you are on the last page, print off the form and fax or mail it.

Mail it to

"Melaleuca INC. ATTN: Data Entry

3910 South Yellowstone Hwy

Idaho Falls, Idaho

83402"

or fax it to "888-528-2090"

Call customer service if you need help.

The reps ACTUALLY want to help you, believe it or not.