North Dartmouth, Massachusetts

DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY - SERVICE IS A NIGHTMARE

MELALEUCA Is like joining a bad nightmare that you can't wake up from. I joined Melaleuca and was a customer of theirs for 6 months. During this time, I only bought vitamins from them. At one point, I was a week late in ordering the vitamins and they sent me a box of stuff I did not order. I called and asked why they sent me this stuff and charge my credit card for it and they said because I forgot to order my vitamins they sent me a "back up" order to fulfill my monthly membership obligation! I supposedly filled something out that picked these items to be sent to me if I did not order something in a month! NOT SO MUCH! I think I would remember filling out a form picking out a buch of items, especially when they are items like shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, etc. that I would never purchase from a co like this....My question to them was "WHY THE F WOULDN'T YOU SEND ME THE SAME ITEM I HAVE BEEN PURCHASING FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS INSTEAD OF A BUNCH OF *** I DON'T WANT". They of course in their friendly superficial tone said that is not the way it works and said I could ship the items back to them for a full refund. HAHAHAHA - FULL REFUND, MINUS THE $15 IT COSTS FOR SHIPPING. STRIKE 1 - paying for shipping for items I didn't order and didn't want.

Okay, then I was told I had to terminate if I didn't want the following months shipment. So.....I faxed over a termination notice terminating membership immediately and told them they better not send me the September shipment. Guess what? They did anyway and I didn't accept it when the UPS man came knocking at my door. When I called to get them to refund my card - they said "sorry, you had to send in notice by the 25th, not the 27th even though the shipment didn't go out until the 31st so they clearly got my letter before sending me the box of *** again. They again told me they would credit my card LESS the $15 shipping charge! $30 FOR SHIPPING ON ITEMS I NEVER USED! THEY WOULD NOT BUDGE - NO DISUSSION / TERRIBLE SERVICE!

business review of Melaleuca : 1 star

Review about: Melaleuca Vitamins.

Had an Experience with Melaleuca?

Comments

From reading your complaint, I don't see where you have any real grounds to even complain... The company did exactly what YOU instructed them to do! The membership forms are very easy to understand and are very user friendly. There is clearly a place on the form, where you can choose your back-up order, or you can allow the company to send you a selection of various products. If you wanted just the vitamins, this is where you would tell them that. Otherwise, you accept the companies selection of various items.

Since this choice was not made by you, then by default, you will get the selection that is sent by the company. You can change this option at any time. However, because you had already authorized the selection order, this is what you were shipped. YES, they will give you a full refund for items returned (used or not). But why should they also have to reimburse you for shipping? You agreed to this choice before they sent it to you. They did the job that you asked them to do. The fact that you didn't want that selection of products is a moot point. You got what you asked for, and they shipped it to you!

You need to own up to your own mistakes and not try to hold Melaleuca or others responsible for your obvious oversight on the membership form. This is an extremely ethical and good company with incredible products that are unmatched in the marketplace. If you had not been so narrow minded and tried out that product selection that you...

After reading your rant, it's obvious that Melaleuca isn't your problem...The problem is YOU!

Apparently, you didn't even bother to read anything or ask any basic questions that would have made your experience the complete opposite of what you claim. There was nothing there that could not have been easily solved or avoided, had you bothered to pay any attention to a few simple details. The Customer Service reps at this company are phenominal, and are always ready to address any issues or misunderstandings with their customers. The only real problem I see from your post, is that you obviously are very ignorant to minor details, and as such, you like to blame others for your inability to cope with the very things that literally tens of thousands of other members of Melaleuca have turned into very positive and successful experiences.

Learn to pay attention dude...You might find that you'll like the results for once in your life!

Sorry, I'm not going to like your company more if you call people who complain about it "dumb". Let's just stop that.

Yes, I remeber initialing a big blue box giving the comapny permission to send me an order ONLY IN THE EVENT I FORGET TO PLACE MY ORDER BY THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH. Never got a back-up. I think someone else said it right, this forum is for lazy people to bad mouth a great company!

A lot of you guys are pretty dumb.I just signed up last night and everybody gets you to fill out a back-up order that equals 35 points.

He also told me that I had to fax a letter saying I wanted to cancel. no big deal. Why would someone want to cancel? These products will single handily lower chemical related illness ten-fold.

This is just a forum for lazy people who don't listen or don't get results right away to cry and complain.PATIENCE is the KEY.

Doesn't anyone find it disingenuous that Pissed Consumer charges businesses a minimum of $4999.00 year and for the right to rebut complaints?Wow, no wonder everything here is so one sided.

Now, if Pissed Consumer charged the consumers $4999.00 would that level the playing field a little?

Complain to legitimate sources like the BBB and you will have a true advocate on your side.

Since the internet has grown so fast with so many forums it seems easier to post on boards like this rather than filing Formal complaints with the Better Business Bureau.

The BBB is the only legitimate organization for consumer fraud complaints. They deal directly with the company for you, have an arbitration arm to work out satisfactory results and never leave a complaint open.

If you have not filed with them you have not legitimized your complaint and leaves one to wonder as to the validity of these posts.

I have been a customer since Dec.9th, and love the products!

I am a lifetime customer. The products have value, are safer for your family, home and the environment, and they save you money. It makes sense. They also offer a great opportunity to make residual income.

I made a lot of money in just my 1st month. I am very excited about this company! If anyone wants more info.

Email me at hchughes@live.com.:)

I have been a customer since Dec.9th, and love the products!

Email me at hchughes@live.com.:)