North Dartmouth, Massachusetts

DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY - SERVICE IS A NIGHTMARE

MELALEUCA Is like joining a bad nightmare that you can't wake up from. I joined Melaleuca and was a customer of theirs for 6 months. During this time, I only bought vitamins from them. At one point, I was a week late in ordering the vitamins and they sent me a box of stuff I did not order. I called and asked why they sent me this stuff and charge my credit card for it and they said because I forgot to order my vitamins they sent me a "back up" order to fulfill my monthly membership obligation! I supposedly filled something out that picked these items to be sent to me if I did not order something in a month! NOT SO MUCH! I think I would remember filling out a form picking out a buch of items, especially when they are items like shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, etc. that I would never purchase from a co like this....My question to them was "WHY THE F WOULDN'T YOU SEND ME THE SAME ITEM I HAVE BEEN PURCHASING FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS INSTEAD OF A BUNCH OF *** I DON'T WANT". They of course in their friendly superficial tone said that is not the way it works and said I could ship the items back to them for a full refund. HAHAHAHA - FULL REFUND, MINUS THE $15 IT COSTS FOR SHIPPING. STRIKE 1 - paying for shipping for items I didn't order and didn't want.

Okay, then I was told I had to terminate if I didn't want the following months shipment. So.....I faxed over a termination notice terminating membership immediately and told them they better not send me the September shipment. Guess what? They did anyway and I didn't accept it when the UPS man came knocking at my door. When I called to get them to refund my card - they said "sorry, you had to send in notice by the 25th, not the 27th even though the shipment didn't go out until the 31st so they clearly got my letter before sending me the box of *** again. They again told me they would credit my card LESS the $15 shipping charge! $30 FOR SHIPPING ON ITEMS I NEVER USED! THEY WOULD NOT BUDGE - NO DISUSSION / TERRIBLE SERVICE!

business review of Melaleuca : 1 star

Review about: Melaleuca Vitamins.

Comments

From reading your complaint, I don't see where you have any real grounds to even complain... The company did exactly what YOU instructed them to do! The membership forms are very easy to understand and are very user friendly. There is clearly a place on the form, where you can choose your back-up order, or you can allow the company to send you a selection of various products. If you wanted just the vitamins, this is where you would tell them that. Otherwise, you accept the companies selection of various items.

Since this choice was not made by you, then by default, you will get the selection that is sent by the company. You can change this option at any time. However, because you had already authorized the selection order, this is what you were shipped. YES, they will give you a full refund for items returned (used or not). But why should they also have to reimburse you for shipping? You agreed to this choice before they sent it to you. They did the job that you asked them to do. The fact that you didn't want that selection of products is a moot point. You got what you asked for, and they shipped it to you!

You need to own up to your own mistakes and not try to hold Melaleuca or others responsible for your obvious oversight on the membership form. This is an extremely ethical and good company with incredible products that are unmatched in the marketplace. If you had not been so narrow minded and tried out that product selection that you received, you would have found that there is so much more to Melaleuca than just there incredible multi-vitamin products. Sorry, but you were the one who was in the wrong here!

After reading your rant, it's obvious that Melaleuca isn't your problem... The problem is YOU!

Apparently, you didn't even bother to read anything or ask any basic questions that would have made your experience the complete opposite of what you claim. There was nothing there that could not have been easily solved or avoided, had you bothered to pay any attention to a few simple details. The Customer Service reps at this company are phenominal, and are always ready to address any issues or misunderstandings with their customers. The only real problem I see from your post, is that you obviously are very ignorant to minor details, and as such, you like to blame others for your inability to cope with the very things that literally tens of thousands of other members of Melaleuca have turned into very positive and successful experiences.

Learn to pay attention dude... You might find that you'll like the results for once in your life!

Sorry, I'm not going to like your company more if you call people who complain about it "dumb". Let's just stop that.

Yes, I remeber initialing a big blue box giving the comapny permission to send me an order ONLY IN THE EVENT I FORGET TO PLACE MY ORDER BY THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH. Never got a back-up. I think someone else said it right, this forum is for lazy people to bad mouth a great company!

A lot of you guys are pretty dumb. I just signed up last night and everybody gets you to fill out a back-up order that equals 35 points.

He also told me that I had to fax a letter saying I wanted to cancel. no big deal. Why would someone want to cancel? These products will single handily lower chemical related illness ten-fold.

This is just a forum for lazy people who don't listen or don't get results right away to cry and complain. PATIENCE is the KEY.

Doesn't anyone find it disingenuous that Pissed Consumer charges businesses a minimum of $4999.00 year and for the right to rebut complaints? Wow, no wonder everything here is so one sided.

Now, if Pissed Consumer charged the consumers $4999.00 would that level the playing field a little?

Complain to legitimate sources like the BBB and you will have a true advocate on your side.

Since the internet has grown so fast with so many forums it seems easier to post on boards like this rather than filing Formal complaints with the Better Business Bureau.

The BBB is the only legitimate organization for consumer fraud complaints. They deal directly with the company for you, have an arbitration arm to work out satisfactory results and never leave a complaint open.

If you have not filed with them you have not legitimized your complaint and leaves one to wonder as to the validity of these posts.

I have been a customer since Dec. 9th, and love the products!

I am a lifetime customer. The products have value, are safer for your family, home and the environment, and they save you money. It makes sense. They also offer a great opportunity to make residual income.

I made a lot of money in just my 1st month. I am very excited about this company! If anyone wants more info.

Email me at hchughes@live.com. :)

I have been a customer since Dec. 9th, and love the products!

Email me at hchughes@live.com. :)

I love melaleuca if you'd like to hear thruth about company please feel free to email me at bsberes@yahoo.ca

Jetersville, Virginia, United States #98635

When you signed up, the backup order is a process that is SET-UP on the forms. This is usually way cheaper than any other combination of prodcuts (meaning it satifies the minimum number of points, at $58 bucks). So, you asked why ship something that you did not order; your vitamins would have cost a lot more than the shampoo and other goods.

wow, i was just about to join this company, not to make extra money, just because i thought the products sounded great. I am so into natural products and not poluting the earth and hurting ourselves with all those chemicals.

I surely have a lot to think about. Thank you for this page.

hi i just join melaleuca and like any pasitive comant on this company any one like to comant please witr to me at mikeroman@live.com

sarahloup, I really want to thank you for your comments. I'm considering joining this company, in spite of your bad experience.

But by reading your comments, I feel I am a little better informed and know to read all of the fine print before signing anything. Sounds like they have a very strict cancellation policy, so I'll need to follow the company's outlined policy and requirements to the law. I am also pleased to know that your complaint was not specific to the actual "quality" of the products, albeit the disillusion with its value. Unlike many who have commented negatively about your posting, I sought out this site specifically for constructive criticism, which you have provided.

If the products are as they advertise, and most consumers are truely as happy as they say, then there should be no need to defend the company to the point of insult. Again, thank you for your honest opinion.

Wow, I love Melaleuca Their products are great and I am saving money.Who ever said their products are expensive clearly does not know what their talking about $6.00 for fantastic Bathroom cleaner that last for 2 months is cheap.Since starting the Vitamins I have been taken off two prescriptions. GREAT COMPANY

I enjoy pulling up this site to see how ignorant some people can be. Of course you have to blame everyone else for the fact that you were never taught to READ before you sign any CONTRACT.

Which you obviously did not, or you would have SEEN the box you "initialed" regarding the BACKUP order. Also, about canceling by the 25th of the month. Get a life.

I am here to let you non believers know that EVERYONE I have been working with at Melaleuca have made LOTS of money, and that it is illegal for any state to allow pyramid companies. Maybe you should do your homework before spouting off.

I'm on the author's side to validate the purpose of this website. It doesn't matter what her opinion is: it's HER opinion and the site is called "Pissed consumer.com", not "pissedconsumerthatdideverythingrightandstillgotscrewedbutshouldntcomplain.com". I was a customer of Melaleuca. I love their products. Sure there are all kinds of green products that are cheaper now. Melaleuca uses tea tree oil, a particular type of green product and just have been doing it longer. That doesn't mean theirs is the only valid green product to use or the way they retain customers isn't sneaky and a way to rip people off.

Nonetheless, all you folks pinning it on her, give me a break! Buyer beware of following Melaleuca's rules to the letter and number, or they have the right to charge you exhorbatent shipping rates with no grace period for terminating membership? Come on! Good customer service is defined by equality of service across the industry. A couple days past a deadline is absurd. Explain the membership retention rules and refund the first 2 shipping charges, THEN if the customer doesn't order regularly charge and ship. Only make sure the customer understands how it works so they have a bloody choice!!

If you don't like to see bad experiences DON'T READ THIS WEBSITE! it's all about the bad experience. If someone really likes the products, 31 bad experiences here shouldn't stop them from buying when thousands of people who use the products don't write raves HERE! this isn't the place for it, you morons!

This company is exactly as the original poster claimed. The whole thing is a pyramid scheme backed up by desperate people begging family to buy usless *** at inflated prices so they can get ahead. A "happy" customer.

Anyone that would like more information on how the company really works and the products they sell, email me.

acd@sc.rr.com