East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

I just sat through the hour video of Melaleuca and realized it was a pryamid scheme - but reading all the complaints of not being able to cancel really make me decide not to give it a try , Thank you all for the feedback. The should live up to what they state because I would have tried the products of course they sounded great.

But I do not want to be made to purchase any amount of anything per month.

I was checking into it to make money not add another bill to my monthly payments. thanks again to all of you

Comments

Melaleuca is NOT a scam If you never shared the pcduorts with another the pcduorts are eco friendly, budget friendly and most importantly SAFE FOR OUR FAIMLY! Thank You Melaleuca!

Paul,

You did not graduate from Harvard Business School (nor did I!) but this by all means is an MLM. Products are probably fantastic, no doubt...but it is, what it is...nothing different from Mary Kay, Tupperware, Amway, NuSkin...et al...

Wellness yes...wealth-ness for them...yes...margins are made up for somewhere...

Do you people actually know what a pyramid scheme is? They are illegal and I'm pretty sure the Better Business Bureau doesn't hand out awards to companies with illegal practices. Do yourself a favor and learn some facts before you vent to the world with your uninformed opinions.

kattails

Sorry Pissed Consumer but I have to UNSUBCRIBE TO YOUR SITE - THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY! AND JUST DONT GET THE POINT OR UNDERSTAND MAKING MONEY AS TO SPENDING MONEY AND THE FALSE ADVERTISING USED TO GET PEOPLE INTO THE SCAM!

TO HyacinthBucket

The difference is

For one person in the household and on a limited budget and using products such as the ones you mention I dont spend thirty dollors a month on shampoo, soap and laundry detergent. Best to you

So, you don't want to be obligated to purchasing products every month? Do you currently purchase products to use for showering, washing your hair, cleaning your house, etc.?

How often? Most people buy these things regularly...Melaleuca people place an order for the things they need each month.

What's the dif? Why not buy products that are safer for your family from a company that will pay you back if you refer others and will also offer you the chance to get products for free?

kattails

OK FINE – Let’s try to wrap this nonsense up once and for all.

1 – I was applying for a part time job advertised for a Marketing position (false advertising).

2 – I can switch stores to buy my products at any time I want WITHOUT canceling a contract.

3 – I am sure their products are very good just as many sold on the open market are if you are willing to put in some research

4 – Bottom line – you only make money with this company if you get your friends, neighbors, family, coworkers and anyone else you can hook into buying their products. Pyramid the people on the top get rich the people on the bottom do all the work (in this case pestering)

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL

Also it's not another bill to pay - Melaleuca sell products you use EVERY single day. Products you already use and things you need.

You're simply switching stores and buying those goods somewhere else. And they are safer, more effective and a better value.

The Melaleuca business is NOT a pyramid scheme or even a MLM for that matter. To say it is, is like saying any job with a manager who makes more money than you is a pyramid scheme.

Society in general is a pyramid - get used to it! I've been a very happy (and healthy) customer for over 2 years. It says right on the customer agreement form that you must cancel by the 25th of the month in writing. The problem that people have and my only complaint is that their enroller (person who introduced Melaleuca) didn't explain the program.

That's the only problem with Melaleuca - is that too many people think they can skimp on the full hour presentation, refer customers and not explain the benefits or preferred customer program in detail. The Melaeuca products are awesome and life-changing.

It makes no sense to have the business until you become a customer yourself and believe in the company and its products. They really are better and cheaper in the long run.

I am interested in wellness for you and your family and purchase such products - but refused to be bound to a purchased each month. Its amazing with a little research you can find products just as good if not better but you are not entering into a monthly contract to purchase them.

AND everyone seems to be forgetting the main fact - they advertise themselves to be a business oppertunity, offerring a marketing postion when it really is a pryamid scheme for the company to sell more products to people who are looking for a job.

Same as Amway - great products and over-priced and another pryamid scheme. Best to you

TChris

Melaleuca is a self-proclaimed "Wellness" complany. If you are not interested in wellness for you and your family, then it is honestly not for you. (and, I have had many people who have flat out told me that, which is fine)

TChris

Melaleuca is NOT a pyramid scheme in any sense of the term. You have no requirement to even make any sales at all if you don't want to.

All they are asking is for you to make a switch from some of the products you use today, to their safer, non-toxic products to use down the road.

Melaleuca wants you to spend LESS using thier products over store-bought. As far as the people on this site who have said they CAN'T cancel, well, it's really not that hard to fill out the one page form, sign, and mail or fax in.

I've been a preferred customer with Melaleuca for some time now, and my experience has been that it has saved me money rather than adding an additional bill to my monthly expenses. I simply switched brands and where I buy.

For instance, I switched from buying Claritin to CounterAct. I save over $10.00 per box and it works great for me. I also switched over all of my household cleaning products to Melaleuca products, and I've saved money with every one of them over what I was buying previously. I never thought I could buy all natural, non-toxic cleaning supplies for the price I'm paying.

I actually went with Melaleuca for the savings and for the green products that won't harm me or my children. But getting a check in the mail each month just for telling my friends about products I love is pretty nice, too.

kattails

GINGER I hope you read my reply to you:

kattails

Sorry it was never explained in the hour that you could purchase the products without joining. Nope not one word about that. And as I stated I was looking to make money and only heard about this due to me answering an add for a part time job. And from what was told without being a preferred member I would not be able to do marketing as they call it to maybe make some money. I do not want to take a "job" that I have to purchase items each and every month in the hopes that in a few months I may break even and hopefully a few more months maybe make a few bucks. This is no doubt a pryamid scheme (note I did not say a scam). And if you read only half of the posts here on this company/product every other one seems to be saying the same thing - they cant cancel and they receive their products each and every month.

I have never before had to purchase something in order to work for a company - I am very happy that was the case, it would get very costly purchasing a new automobile every time I changed careers just to be able to "test" and be familiar with the product. :grin

But best of luck to you. . .

You know that is not a true fact. You can write or email them that you are cancelling.

You have to do it by the 25th of the month and also in each person's account is a place that says. Suspend membership and benefits! That is sad that you were given that information as you don't have to order every month if you prefer not to!

You just would not be a preferred customer and could not build a business. How can you build any business without trying the products.