2.9K views

I like how Melaleuca has marketing people writing all of these positive reviews on a site where people are COMPLAINING ABOUT THEM :| Their products are subpar, not natural, not organic, and overpriced.Their customer service comes of "oh so nice," but when you try to quit the company, get a credit and forget about a refund...you'll encounter the NOT so nice management.

They are NOT about refunding anything. They'll give you "credits" towards returned purchases, but you'll never see your money again. Also, when you try to cut the cord, they'll claim they never received your OPT OUT form and continue to bill you.

There are much better products on the market and with a little reasearch, you CAN find them.Forget this pyramid scam/scheme!

Had an Experience with Melaleuca?

Comments

Deland, Florida, United States #846535

Have not had a problem yet as far as I know terminating my association with Melaleuca but it has only been a few days...however I was sold on the "natural safe ingredient" part which was totally untrue.

There is shellac and a compound called ferrous ammonium ferricyanide which is on the FDA list of carcinogenic dangerous substances and this is in the eye liner - anything that goes in the eye goes straight into the blood stream and I don't want any substance ending in cyanide in or near my eyes.

Now as for the business they say they are not multilevel - this is a lie, they say that you can make money easily and not like other MLM's where you have to be on the highest level, that is a lie - I bought into this and very shortly after I joined I was told that I had to think about getting a ridiculous amount of people signed on in the first month just to make $500 or so...

It was over ten people a month ... also they wanted me to make the usual list of all the people I know, my sponsor assured me that I would not have to recruit all my buddies - but that changed as soon as I signed on, then as for the leads I was supposed to get.... I could get them at ten dollars a lead.

I had two of my friends sign up the first month and one of them returned the product immediately, she said the tile cleaner did not work and had an awful smell - I googled it only to find that many people complained about the smell of it and said it did not work... my other...

the 35 points turn from $60 or so into $80 with shipping.

Now they tell you not to say the name Melaleuca when setting people up to see the video that sells the product. They tell you to call it HMS home marketing system... why the bait and switch?

They claim to be such an honest open company.

At your own pace?

every day there was an email or a demand to attend an online meeting.It is a MLM, it is anything but natural, the products are small - they say concentrated, I say overpriced, the food products are no different than any protein shakes that you can get at Walmart, and the quality is no better and the stuff costs much more than what you normally spend in the grocery store or Walmart.

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States #825094

In response to DJ comments below, while people enjoy some of the food items of the over 350 products available most of the products ordered by customers are non-grocery consumables. You can't buy Milk, eggs

or butter.

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States #825087

Some people are just plain nasty when it comes to negotiating a conflict with

a company or anyone. It would easier if they just told the whole truth, but I guess

embellishments are to be expected from some folks !

Birmingham, Michigan, United States #817552

Finally, somebody else that sees they are absolutely NOt all natural as they claim.Their children's toothpaste has aspartame in it.

The sustain drink has the artificial sweetener sucralose in it.Wake up people just because a company wants you to believe its all natural doesn't make it so!

to Anonymous Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #817639

'Should have done your homework.Melaleuca does not claim the term "all natural" but rather, they state that they do not use toxic ingredients.

Poison mushrooms are "all natural" but its probably not a good idea to consume them.

NO, aspertame is NOT used in children's toothpaste, but vegetable-derived xylitol is used. Dentists recommend it, and it is not harmful to the teeth.

The major sweetner of Sustain is from fruit. A little sucralose is used (made from table sugar)---still considered the safest low or non-caloric sweetener, except for stevia, which many people find to be rather bad-tasting. When science finds something to be unsafe, Melaleuca won't use it.

It's funny that people who would make a statement about sucralose so often use bleach, Cascade, Tide, candles with toxic ingredients and wicks, popcorn in toxic bags, and other easily-identifiable hazardous ingredients.

Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania, United States #815382

This is not a SCAM.You order products.They send you exactly what you order.

Nothing else. How is that a SCAM? If they get your order wrong, typically they let you keep the product and order what you asked for originally. How is that a SCAM?

I know! It 's happened to me twice. Hardly a Scam! Even Melaleuca does not claim to have the best products on the market...BUT what they claim is high quality ingredients that are safe.

It's true...Again, No SCAM here. If you want to drop out "fax then a note to cancel before the end of that month" and you're membership is cancelled. I know I did this once!

It's not rocket science...just follow their directions.They even provide a link for 'cancellation'.

Couldn't find those "amazingly better" products you claim are so much better and came back to Melaleuca.

Jomamma
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #810734

I know firsthand that this person doesn't have a CLUE!The Melaleuca products are SO much better than name brands I used to use, and yes, I've had friends who have closed their accounts, and it takes less than five minutes.

Prices? My major cleaner is less than $1 a bottle! If a regular customer (shopper) is shopping all the time, they are happy to get a credit if they return a product (even empty) because they're SHOPPING and will use it. Those who close their accounts certainly CAN get refunds, though I don't know anyone personally who's asked for a refund.

BTW--you cannot close your account by phone.Writing a note, or doing the online form is simple.

Long Beach, California, United States #788880

I have been a customer with Melaleuca for more than 3 years now and we love the products!A good thing I could write about Melaleuca is its wonderful Consumer Direct Marketing program.

I love it. You can choose not to be part of it, but why not? It's allows you to receive commission checks for people doing their grocery shopping with Melaleuca. They may be people who were placed under your organization by someone else.

It's a fixed organizational 5x7 matrix in that eventually the spaces are filled up with customers and some of them may flow into customers that are not building the business, just like you, and you may receive a check every month for doing nothing.You're check might not be big enough, but if you think a little about it, that's savings for you.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand #784318

That statement is Totally UNTRUE as I have had 4 People in 2 Years that have had 100% cash Back refunds!

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada #775802

I became a customer with Melaleuca in 1995.They impressed me then, and they continue to impress me now.

I can't imagine not having their products in my home. As for the monthly commitment, that system is in place in order to generate a residual income for customer referrals. In exchange, for the commitment to purchasing a minimum monthly order, you will enjoy preferred customer pricing. Melaleua has a significant number and variety of products.

Certainly, if you are only looking at cleaning products, you will struggle to meet that monthly commitment, especially since the cleaning products are concentrated and are extremely inexpensive. A great deal!! However, if you do all of your shopping there, and that includes haircare, skin care, make-up, hygiene, health supplements, food products - then you will end up using five times the minimum requirement. In exchange, you enjoy great prices, great products and you have provided a family with an income - for doing something once.

Getting you to switch stores. Buy what you already buy, but buy it from Melaleuca. And as a bonus - you get advantage dollars to put towards free products. That virtually eliminates the necessary delivery charge.

It's wonderful. I am not doing the business anymore. My circle of influence is small. But I continue to get a cheque every month.

I am the most skeptical person there is. I have definitely seen my share of shady stuff.

But I can tell you, without...