Staten Island, New York

I have been a customer of Melaleuca for 15-20 yrs. and now that my children are grown no longer need their products.

I have spent 5 months trying to cancel my account with them. I cancelled my charge card to stop them, spoke with numerous representatives (who assured me everything was fine) and sent a number of letters yet they continued to send me packages. They have sent me numerous letters and repeatedly called my home for payment of these packages that had been sent back. I spoke with someone this evening about it again and he informed me that I owe them for the UPS charge for the package I sent back last.

I explained that the account was cancelled months ago, that just weeks ago a representative told me the package was sent by mistake and would I be so kind to send it back. Which I did and I was not asking them for reimbursement of the postage. He then informed me that if I didn't pay for the UPS charge that they would continue to harass me by calling constantly.

Do Not Do Business With This Company!

Comments

I have been a Melaleuca preferred customer and distributor now for almost 15 years -- after being hit and seriously injured by a drunk driver caused BOTH airbags to explode, a myriad of chemicals to be released into my car and subsequently into my lungs, and numerous resulting allergies that make it impossible for me to use most of the chemicals sold in the grocery stores.

If you use the cleaning products the CORRECT way, they last a very long time. I have done laundry with Melaleuca laundry products and gotten stains out that would not come out any other way. The first time I washed a "clean" load of wash in Melaleuca laundry detergent, you would not have believed the dirt that was left behind by the retail garbage.

The thing I seem to notice here by complainants is that you DO NOT have to have the "AUTO SHIP" option and resulting "surprise" to your checking account, but as a home products company, you DO have to place an order every month, just as you would with any other similar company.

Further, I was recently extremely ill with an e-coli infection that settled into my knee, making it impossible for me to walk. The Melaleuca Vitamins are nutritionally sound, are cost effective when compared to other brands, and most of all THEY WORK.

I didn't see ANYBODY on here talk about the bonus dollars program, the skin care products, the candles, which I do find a bit overpriced, OR the men's products.

I use and talk-up these products NOT because I sell them to others -- I don't!!! I use them for myself and have been extremely happy. Membership is just 12.95 a year plus tax, plus they have many other programs as well. Their pricing structure I have found to be up front.

As far as cancellation goes, I firmly believe that had the program been presented to you properly in the first place, you would probably still be using the products. I pay $12.99 for a large bottle of laundry detergent -- 96 loads if you use it correctly, and it lasts 6 months or more!!

The people there are very helpful, BUT YOU HAVE TO GIVE THEM A CHANCE AND NOT BE RUDE AND YELL.

I have been with Melaleuca now for three months, at first I hadn't realized the monthly commitment was significant, and so it made difficulties within payments going into my bank and when they should come out, I should have been told about it first, being ignorant as I am, I didn't read the fine print before signing up. So anyhow, alone the first month I felt stuck, but soon enough I now have people who purchase from me, thinking about getting an account once they try the products, they ask how they can make money from it if they are buying them, might as well sell them!!, Its going to pay for itself and then some.

Every Melaleuca product I have in my home so far, they are my favorites of their class available, I feel terrible if I'm in a grocery store and buy out of convenience!, knowing I'm not getting the same quality lol , Feeling this way makes it easy for me to advocate 100% Satisfied, and honestly proud of bringing it to others so they can experience the same.

I Love Sustain Sport!

Kicks off my every work day at the factory with a healthy energy boost !!! sincerely

:zzz

If you are a member of Melaleuca and want to cancel your membership, all you have to do is send Melaleuca a letter stating you want to cancel your membership. If you have ordered product then you are responsible to pay for it but then you can cancel, through the mail with a letter stating why and they will cancel your membership.

Melaleuca is not run by shady people, they are honest, helpful and above reproach. You need to take time and read about the products to know if they would be of benefit to you and your family. I could not imagine my life without Melaleuca products..they are the best, many are patented, they work and they are safe. Don't be afraid to call and ask questions.

They want you to satisfied with your purchase and will do just about anything to make you happy. No product is perfect but I can say with no doubt that Melaleuca products are the closest to being perfect..THEY WORK!!!!

I believe this to be a "planted" comment too from someone who thinks they can sabotage a great and very ethical company. We have used the products since 1995 and have been very satisfied.

I would not hesitate to recommend the products to anyone. People do need to pay attention to what they are signing up for though, and should be able to rely on the person signing them up for questions or concerns.

The comment about not needing the products since the kids are grown is funny to me. We will always be very happy customers.

i dont sign, no way

This is exactly why NOBODY should waste their money and time with this company!

Here I am, in a battle to get my refund back for a Value pack return for $214, their constant lying and shady way to do things is beyond words.

I have to file for a chargeback and fight it until getting my money back, so here it goes, more and more days until I could see my money back.

I REGRET 100% doing business with this scammers!

I find it both an eye opener and very interesting how you supporters want to attack someone who has had a bad experience, and resort to personal attacks, name calling and insults. I was looking for something bad about Shaklee and just find support for the products instead. I will stay away FAR away from your company.

I too was a preferred customer and could not wrap a warm fuzzy feeling about my experience. I won't go into details. I just cancelled my membership.

Melaleuca rocks! They have created products that are safer for our environment, safer for our families and actually work!

I have personally seen hundreds of families helped both financially and physically. Shame on you people who are dissing a company that does nothng but enhance peoples lives just like their mission statement says.

#201768

Sometimes you can just smell planted comments. Those claiming to be long-time customers of Melaleuca who tried for months to cancel the agreement are from competitors who are trying to disparage the company.

Don't believe them.

Anyone with half a brain and a stamp can cancel their agreement. Melaleuca is an honest and forthright company.

Their customer service is the best there is. Don't let planted lies stop you from finding out for yourself.

#201693

After reading the "consumer" comments about cancellation....discounting rep comments as their comments are biased, I believe the safest way to get started is to avoid "Preferred Customer" membership until I try the products....maybe give it 6 months and reconsider "Preferred Customer" membership if I love the products as much as my friend (a rep) thinks I will.

#192267

Jill, all you had to do was write them a letter requesting cancellation of your customer agreement contract. That's all.

As a note, Melaleuca products are not just for children, they are for everyone. I've used Melaleuca since 1987 and if there was ever a problem or question about their products, marketing they have always been very upfront and helpful. Your Director should be ashamed of themselves for not keeping you up-to-date on procedures and policies..actually you should have familiarized yourself with those policies when you joined or even before you joined.

Melaleuca is a very honest and professional company who offers products that WORK...yes they do. They are not deserving of your negative comments.

#192186

wow bad company you are a loser. And now you can go _ _ _ _ yourself because Im sure thats all you do anyway since you obviously have spare time to bash and call random ppl pieces of garbage.

Pick on ppl to bring them down to bring your self up? Ok insecure...

How about YOU get a life... go ahead and smile at that BC

I don't expect my new customers will want to cancel. However as a conscientious marketing executive with Melaleuca, before they sign, I always take time to show every new customer the section of the contract that shows how to cancel their account. I even read it to them aloud. It's about having good business practices and telling the truth.

Most Melaleuca cancellation complaints come down to people who are not informed about decisions they have made. The cancellation information is in normal sized print right beside the signature line. The contract you signed read something very similar to this:

"I may cancel this Agreement for any reason at any time by giving written notice to Melaleuca bearing my original signature, printed name, address and Customer number. Written cancellations received by Melaleuca on or before the 25th of the month will be effective the month received, written cancellations received by Melaleuca after the 25th of the month will be effective the following month. Cancellation notices must be mailed to: Melaleuca, Inc., 3910 S. Yellowstone Hwy, Idaho Falls 83402-6003."

Fax or Mail this document to get the service you agreed to when you signed the contract. Simple. Legal. Correct. There is nothing wrong or unethical about having cancellation policies and processes to govern how they work. If you cancel within the first 120 days of your contract, they even give you your $29 membership fee back.

I take the time to explain this carefully to all my customers. Perhaps your enroller did not, but you signed it. Again, the company did nothing wrong, illegal, or unethical.

I've been a preferred customer, going on 8 months and have to agree that they have the best customer service and also agree with the comments the person said about Wal-Mart, as I once was employed by Wal-Mart. I've gotten their cleaning products and I haven't run across 1 product with poison control numbers or strange, weird ingredients.

Maybe...I need to read the labels again. Maybe, I missed that.

Anyway.....There's nothing *** about knowing what you like and doing what makes you happy, as long as it's not hurting anyone else. :)

I became a melaleuca rep a few years ago. I have since quit.

I like some of their products (like Renew Lotion, Solumel and their antibiotic cream which is better than other products on the market) but there are others I do not like. I did not like the idea of having to have a shipment each month.

I am single and have a medical condition so I can't take any of their vitamins so after a couple of months I had enough product for just me. Since I had to fill a monthly order, I ended up buying product for family and friends.

FOR THOSE WHO GET PAID FOR BASHING THE COMPANY GET A REAL JOB. FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW MELALEUCA HAS A PREFERRED CUSTOMER AND A DIRECT CUSTOMER.

THE PREFERRED CUSTOMER AGREES IN CONTRACT TO PURCHASE 35 PTS A MONTH($50-60) A MONTH TO KEEP THE PREFERRED DISCOUNT OF 30-40% OFF AND GET THE $100 IN FREE PRODUCTS.IN THE EVENT YOU DONT MAKE A ORDER A BACK UP ORDER IS THEN APPLIED! THE DIRECT CUSTOMER DOESNT HAVE A CONTRACT AND CAN PURCHASE AS YOU WISH . AS FOR CANCELLING YOU MUST GIVE WRITTEN NOTICE BEFORE THE 25TH OF THAT GIVEN MONTH TO BE CANCELLED IN THAT SAID MONTH. SO FOR THOSE WHO CANT READ OR CHOOSE TO NOT READ THE AGREEMENT THEN THAT IS YOUR OWN STUPIDITY.

I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE COMPANY. ALL OF MY FAMILIES HEALTH CONDITIONS HAVE CLEARED UP 100% AND WILL NO LONGER BE POISONED BY STORE BRANDS ANYMORE.

As a rep for them, this is the bottom line: You have a full 60 days to get a 100% refund. If you want to cancel, listen to what customer service tells you to do.

Send in a written signed letter that you want to cancel. If you want to guarantee that it does not get lost in the mail, send it registered or with delivery confirmation, signature required. Once they receive it, it is processed immediately. How hard is this!

Any more questions, contact me via email or Skype! scubapro48@gmail.com or Skype: tom.sparrow53

I love their products, and have never had a single problem with them after being a customer for 10 years. I don't have a business selling the products. If I've EVER had an issue with my order or a concern, their customer service was second to none.

I joined thinking I was helping out a dear relative who had justed started her Melaleuca business. Although I am already a Shaklee member and love their products, I thought I could just pay a member fee and occasionally try their products.

That is how it works with Shaklee. Boy was I mistaken. I regretted joining in 12 hours. Apparently, you have to spend approximately $50 to $60 per month MANDATORY and if you don't send in your own order, they make one up for you and ship it out and change your credit card.

Plus since I joined over the phone with my relative's "mentor," I did have a chance to read anything. But cancelling has been a nightmare. I have made numerous phone calls, SENT SEVERAL CANCELLATION FAXES, putting the information I WAS TOLD OVER THE PHONE BY MELALEUCA in the fax, and still received a letter by MAIL, instead of phone notification or e-mail, all of which they had and would have been faster, that it wasn't good enough. Now I HAD TO MAIL a hard copy and if the hard copy wasn't received by the 25th, a new shipment would go out.

I HAVE HAD TO CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD. EVERY OTHER BUSINESS I WORK WITH CAN BE CANCELLED OVER THE PHONE. THIS IS A SCAM to KEEP ME AND MY MONEY HOSTAGE. Plus, I just read the ingredients on my cleaner - which were vague -- yet there is instruction to rinse well and not get it on skin, etc.

Poison control numbers, etc. My all natural health store products don't say that.

So much for claims of non-toxic, healthy, etc. NEVER BEEN SO ANNOYED.