Beaumont, Texas

I have been a Melaleuca customer for 5 years. I signed up in early 2005 in hopes of buildi ng a home based business. I was excited about the opportunity and discovered that I enjoyed using the products. My complaint is in the Business Development Department of the company.

Melaleuca has a unique marketing strategy. A person will normally get signed up on a marketing team. There are many teams out there, some will have a website available to help recruit memberships to Melaleuca. Once a person is enrolled as a "preferred customer" he/she can be an independent marketer subject to Melaleuca's rules of marketing. I joined under the Momswin/Choice Horizons teams. Apparently, the founder of this team had a falling out with Melaleuca. As a result, the Momswin and Choice Horizon's websites no longer exist.

After 5 years of using Melaleuca products, I decided to start building the business as an independent marketer. I could not contact my immediate upline because she had quit. I searched for a good team and narrowed it down to two. I contacted Business Development who said I already had a support team; however, none of them are actively building the business and either had incorrect phone numbers listed with Melaleuca or did not return calls. I asked to switch marketing team organizations and Melaleuca told me that was impossible. I said that I would cancel my membership and they said that will have to be done in writing and that I must be inactive for awhile before I could re-enroll under a different team. The department seemed to care less about my concerns to work with a good team and one of the representatives was arrogant and rude. I decided at that point to permanently cancel my membership and not rejoin under another team down the road. I feel there are other home businesses that are more reasonable to work with. There are other "green" products that I can use in my household which are much less expensive. So long Melaleuca and GOOD RIDDANCE!

Product or Service Mentioned: Melaleuca Customer Care.

Comments

Although initially I thought the products were on the pricey side, as I started to really narrow down what I was spending at the store and adding everything up, ordering better products for myself and my family made sense to us and keeps us on a budget. I can tell you we are all spending that in the store and then some, monthly.

I am now building a business and it's taken off pretty quickly but does take time. You have to DO THE WORK. Nobody is going to knock on your door and say HEY! Enroll me! I am mainly doing it alone but have the support there if I need it. The biggest challenge the doubters have to get over is #1: IT'S NOT MLM. research what MLM is and you'll see it's quite different. #2: ITS NOT A SCAM. You are getting GREAT products that are affordable! You have your own online account just like Amazon or anything else, you're given a tracking number and a few days later your box of products that YOU ordered arrive at your door. All you are doing is switching stores.

Lastly, don't be afraid to get out there and do the presentations YOURSELF. When someone else does them for you, they are getting leadership points. If you happen to get any of your friends to buy a Value Pack, and they start building the business, why would you give those leadership points away? Get to know the business and do the presentations yourself. The business model is pretty simple to understand. I hope this helps some of the leery people become a little more educated in becoming a shopper... and I hope that the ladies or gentlemen that want to build the business on this post, see that they CAN DO IT!

If I can do it, YOU can!

#531981

I am sorry that your team had no Get Up in them to see their commitments through....I do hate that you have chosen not to be a referral business builder though....I think that you could have reached out cross ways and atleast plugged in to the system and been your own business.....no need to switch support teams, just do your best to be the best support team out there........

God Bless in your next endevor

tony4wellness

Fraud, Scam or whatever people say really doesn’t matter. Or maybe, people don't read the “out clause” or terms and conditions before signing their name on the dotted line. It does not matter. Here are the Facts about Melaleuca, they sold over a BILLION DOLLARS worth of products, and people must like their products, right?

Pyramid systems have been outlawed in the US a long time ago and they don’t sell any products. We are paid just for referring people to Melaleuca and helping them register and that’s it! No inventory control, no billing, no carrying of products. We are paid on immediate commissions with several tiers of bonuses and handsome residual income, how GREAT is that!

They have paid out over 2.8 Billion in commissions to regular people out there in the past 27 yrs. What is really great about Melaleuca is they genuinely want to HELP. This is Very Rare for a corporate identity. Helping people better their health; getting them out of debt; having a good personal life, so too in preserving our environment, is that a BAD goal to have?

This is more than a business for most of us. You would really have to experience Melaleuca, and when you do, you too would have fallen in love with them just it like the more than 850 thousand families that have joined them. Sorry, but it’s hard to find sad story’s telling lies here. What you will find are people’s experiences in how lives have changed because of Melaleuca.

A Successful Melaleuca breeds successful people and it’s not too late to join us. If you want to succeed and willing to work at it and if you think you are coachable, “We Will Help” because Melaleuca wants us to.

We are just starting; more questions, give me a call, Tony 408-771-0296.

If NOT, then, Good Luck on your travels and I hope you find contentment!

My 20yr old Naive son who works FULL TIME at Home Depot has been talking about Melaleuca. Up until yesterday it has just been that (Talk).

Last night I found out he has attended a meeting and has ordered vitamins, plus he has now signed up or is in a team. My concern is that he doesn't understand what he's getting involve with. When I try to talk to him about the pro's and ***'s of becoming a member, he shuts down and anything I say falls on deaf ears. :sigh.

Whoever told him about Melaleuca was a PROFESSIONAL SALESMAN.

I'm not against Melaleuca or their products but I would like to know more from the public.. Both good and bad.

I also enrolled with Melaleuca through MomsWin and am facing the same dilemma. Do I start working the business without upline help or do I quit and rejoin? The positives I read here on this website is that there are a lot of people that are lifelong Melaleuca customers, unlike other MLM companies I have researched.

The products are amazing! I started using them a few months ago and have now begun a business.

So far it is going very well! I am happy with the company and the products!

To person #5, that is awful. That is something I would have reported to the police along with the identity of the enroller. Awful.

Melaleuca allows you to also call in memberships directly to the company, or for the enroller to send you an email with your basic information filled in, so that you can complete the rest of the paperwork privately and securely.

Im so sorry that happened to you. What an ***!

Im so sorry that happened to you. What an ***!

I wanted in a new group also.. I just dropped out and waited the 6 months. If you really want to build a business and love the products it is worth the time to do this.

To Buyer Freedom:

I just became a customer of melaleuca a few months ago, and I have already tried everything in my value pack and then some. The lady who enrolled me was great, and I am sorry for those of you who had poor experiences with other reps. As far as buying the products every month, it is considered a business expense, and it is considered a tax deduction (only if you do it as a business of course).I have yet to put any effort into making it a business, but I already have people asking me how to join just because they have seen the products at my house, and my may I add that they work amazing.

If you don't know anything about a company than you don't have any right to criticize a company that works well with others and that are being loyal to there friends and neighbours.Don't criticize a company that has a successful credit history with the help of successful consumers that shop with them.Be a man and make it work for you.

A malaleuca representative came to our home and sold my husband 199.00 package. That is ok but the gentleman took his credit card information and then charged his airfare (2ll.00) to our card and later (ironically) charged another of my husband's credit cards (my blind husband gave him a card and the gentleman set it was expired so my husband gave him another card..now he had two cards) and charged Melaleuca publications on it to a tune of 286.00.

I the wife pays all bills I work hard to do so becaude my husband is in end stage renal failure..we get no government support..we couldn't have been kicked any harder.

Melaleuca has done nothing other than ask us to call out bank. Melaeuca states they are not respondsible for those who represent them.

The reason why you cannot move out of your organization is because of loyalty. Lets say you talked to someone about Melaleuca and they became your customer and then they decided to they would like to the business and you are not. They call Melaleuca and say, "the person that signed me up isn't doing the business, I want to be put with someone else" If Melaleuca said "ok, we'll stick you with someone else that is doing a business"

How would you feel that now you lost your referral?

They are trying to make it so people are not jumping from one org to another. It's not right and it's not fair.

That is why you have to wait 6 months.

As for the person who made the comment that on the back of the bottle it says to call poison control ("so natural that a baby could drink them") I do believe that it is required by law to put that on any product.

I have been a customer for over 5yrs and have done some of the business aspect of it and I will never shop anywhere else nor will I do any other business.

Thanks for the information "Buyer Freedom". I will stay away from Melaleuca.

I am a bit confused about your recovery plan. By my math it would cost 40 Trillion Dollars.

A bit steep. Anyway, thanks for the info.

No one should ever be obligated to purchase something they don't want. I found myself feeling uneasy through the presentation. I was told the products were so natural that a baby could drink them. So I asked for a bottle of several Melaleuca products and read the labels. Sure enough each one had a warning: for external use only drink water immediately and call a poison control center. ("so natural that a baby could drink them") That was only the first lie. The comparison between Melaleuca products to other brands made me smirk. I don't use any of the products they to compared Melaleuca.

Then came the whole load of Shtooyot about purchasing points. 35 points mandatory every month (around $55 - $62). What happens if I already have too much Melaleuca and don't want to spend $60 this month? They just send me the back up order from the form that they were trying to get me to fill out. Whether I want to spend or not they take my money and send me more overpriced zevel, So they have rights to my bank account now? I would feel more like I am being taxed illegally. Taxation without representation. If remember right we fought a war to be free of that. This company is downright un-American. In addition I was asked to sign a form to be a marketer selling this scam. I refused. I will not sell something I have never used. The sales rep snatched my other form quickly from under me. I suppose he thinks he will charge my Visa. The one I closed out. I can live without it for a week. He then told me I have to sign the marketer form. I said no. He wanted to charge me an extra $29 for it too. I told him again no. Then I told him I will research this company more before making any commitments. The anger in his face was quite telling. He then told me how long he and his wife had been with Melaleuca. Even before they were married. Yes can you believe that two Melaleuca reps went and got hitched. He then went into praising Melaleuca products again telling me that since he had began using Melaleuca Tooth Polish (Tooth paste) he had almost completely no problems with his teeth. Hmmm? Have you ever heard the expression "out of the mouth of babes"? Well not long after this his son smiled at me. The childs front teeth were black. I was stunned, a very very sad thing to see. Sheqer! He was more dishonest than intelligent. We left there and began researching Melaleucha on the internet as I said I would. If for nothing else to simply be true to my own word. The written and faxed membership cancellation letters supposedly not being received? It is classic big business delinquency known all too well in many other countries. A tough economy has been in such nations much longer. In the U.S. our generation is now only beginning to see what desperation in a bad economy does to people. G'navim like Melaleuca use these times and types to swindle for them. But they are only a symptom of the sickness. Corruption of the high authorities of a country causes this lack of prosperity. When times are tough people become desperate. Poor countries have their pick pockets and *** as airport and metropolitan greeters for foreigners with the wealth to travel there as living proof of this. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan":

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new American CAR. Forty million cars ordered – Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage – Housing Crisis fixed.

Get any easier than that?

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes...

While we're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!

As for Melaleuca I could smell the baaaddd of them from the presentation. The more business they get, the more enemies they make. Want your friends to treat you like a leper? Just get involved with some scam like Melaleuca and they will never talk to you again. This would be great during an H1N1 hog flu outbreak or if you just want to be left alone, very alone.

I have been a customer for nearly 15 years and couldn't be happier with the products and the company! It's unfortunate that you experienced this. I am now actively pursuing the business side of the company and as you mentioned, I also do not have direct contact with my upline, other than the person that signed me up 15 years ago. People and things do change. However, I have had so many people reach out to me that do not belong to my immediate organization, that are willing to help me become successful. By going to launches, particpating in other people's presentations, I have more support than I know what to do with.

Now it's up to me to develop my business based on the time that I have to commit.

Not knowing your location, it may have been a challenge for you, but here in our corner of the world, we're rocking! And even if I hadn't chosen to do the business, I would not ever want to give up the products.

Scammed and Melaleuca just don't go together! Sorry for your displeasure.