San Diego, California

I have never dealt with such useless customer service. I am very disappointed in your company.

Stopping shipment and canceling a membership with you is ridiculous. You should be able to stop and cancel ANYTIME not just before the 25th. I have never shopped with a company that did not do whatever it took to make the consumer happy. I also work for a company that sells office products and we never argue nor charge to return a product, if an order needs to be cancelled it is and is NOT shipped anyway.

Both times I called BEFORE any packages were shipped and asked to stop and it did not matter.

Product or Service Mentioned: Melaleuca Membership.

Comments

I agree. I thinks ridiculous in today’s day in age to have to physical print and sign something to cancel a memebership.

And the fact that they continue to send u stuff when u called and said u didn’t want it is redundant.

It has nothing to do with being lazy it called being a nurse who works 12 hour shifts and is extremely busy. And the fact that they don’t send a return label is a rip off!

rltorlai

Everyone that signs on with melaleuca gets the same facts. If you want to cancel there is one method to do so and only one and anyone will tell you that.

Obviously you think that you should be able to just call them and cancel and that's that. NO there is a form that you fill out and it cancels your membership. Further, you can send purchases back by turning the shipper over, and filling it out, and sending packages back. You can call customer service and they'll tell you how to cancel your membership or if you did what you were supposed to do when you signed on, you can do it by computer.

Its EASY....not the big hassle you think it is. Nice try.

I work for this company & have never had a problem with customer service or anything else with the company.

It's very easy to cancel your membership. You just request the form to cancel, it comes filled in with your information, sign and fax to them and you're done.

My son did this a couple days ago with no problems. Lazy people just want to call, text, or email to cancel.

He also went to the company store in Knoxville to exchange some items, no problems, just nice friendly people offering to help. Don't believe these people that want to gripe and complain about everything, they are generally uninformed, lazy people.

I order from a very popular TV shopping show. If the product arrives broken or with a problem, they will credit back the S&H, however, if I decide I don't want it or don't like it, I get a refund for the product but not the S&H.

This is a very common practice. As for cancelling a Melaleuca membership before the 25th, that is because there was an agreement to place an order before the 25th or an automatic preselected order would be shipped.

If you try to cancel between the 25th and the last day of the month, a shipment has already been sent out and the shipping and handling has already been paid. If you can't cancel before the 25th, be prepared to return your new shipment and absorb the S&H costs.

Oh please lighten up on the drama, and do your due diligence before posting such misleading content about a reputable company such as Melaleuca. I have had excellent customer service from Melaleuca for several years now, The few occasions I did have a complaint it was handled in a timely and satisfactory manner by friendly Melaleuca customer service reps. Currently I am still a Melaeuca preferred customer and I am happy with their products and service.

Jasminsheree

I hate the fact that Melaleuca reps have to push their MLM agendas on you.. everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

Why is it so hard to refund money? I too am in the same predicament. They will not give me a full refund. I had the cust service rep try and compare another company saying, 'What company will give you your money back without product being returned?" I went on to explain that Amazon and Overstock is known to refund your money no questions asked when a shipment is lost and they do not require for you to have it reshipped and make you pay for shipping when returning..

want me to go on?" Why do they have to make it difficult to give you your money back when I did not get 2 of the 3 shipments they said I rec'd? The rep implied that I was lying about not getting the 2 other boxes. They were rude and condescending to me. And with all the research that I have done about Melaleuca, all the complaints are the same...

its like an act of congress to get your money back... they make you work for your own money!!!

@Jasminsheree

Well to the fact that you didn't get the shipments? All you have to do is go into your order history, find the shipper and track it through UPS.

You'll find that you probably did receive the package or someone stole it from you. I have people that claim that all the time, especially when they are trying to quit....and forget that they received the boxes. AND if you understood Melaleuca as being MLM you didn't really pay attention to the company representative at all. Melaleuca isn't MLM, has NEVER been MLM and isn't marketed by PUSHY MLM sales reps.

The presentation takes 40 minutes from start to finish and its an easy yes I want to, no I don't and that's it. No one strong arms you into it.

So let me get this straight.

You contacted Melaleuca and told them you wanted to be a member and buy every month. You entered into a willful contract that they verified with you and took your word on that in good faith. As you joined they gave to you in writing or over the phone the explicit policy detailing you had to cancel by the 25th of any given month and you agreed to that too. So you were in a CONTRACT with them. For them to violate the terms of that contract and not send you that order just because you made a phone call would have opened them up to being legally in breech with you. This is why they need the cancellation in writing.

So because they would not change a 26 year old policy and open themselves to legal trouble by breeching a contract with you, you tell everyone to stay away... Yeah, that sounds real fair.

In reality, Melaleuca should come on this board and post about all of the times people post stuff like this t try and make them look bad when in reality they did nothing wrong... but they won't do that because the truth is that even though you have ran them down here, if you decided to re-join, they would never mentioned it to you and treat you just as professionally as they do with everyone.

Just think of how much time. effort and drama you could have saved yourself if you just kept your word and ordered like you told them you would do in the first place. :)

@here we go again

Keep your smiley face!!!! The contract, as you call it, was not signed initially so why should it be signed to stop the service?

It's a cheap tactic on melaleuca's behalf. When asking them about the s&h charges, they "spinned" it in a way that you were to THANK them for charging you for it..........they have no brick and mortar stores yet the s&h goes to customer! Everything is very one sided; meaning on Melaleuca's side. Mr.

Vandersloot purchased the company in 1985; he did not create it. I'm all for allowing the entrepeneur to succeed in business but there pitch about making 100k plus is very unrealistic.

Yeah, sell your family and friends and that's about it.

@truth

100K plus is very unrealistic? To someone that doesn't do the work?

Yes. To someone that grabs hold of the opportunity and WORKS IT LIKE A REAL BUSINESS? They make that and more. Its not about selling family and friends.

That's AMWAY, that's AVON. You didn't pay attention to the 7 rules. You didn't do the trainings. You didn't follow any of it.

because had you done that, you'd at least made director (received $500.00) or achieved D-2, (received $1200), and so forth. I'll bet you didn't even enroll anyone at all....because you wanted to do things your way. Follow the business model, use their approaches and do the work. DO THE WORK and you would make money.

Every order is charged shipping and handling. Theirs is just CHEAPER than others because they ship with air packs instead of peanuts and other things that ad wt to the box.

The reason you have to cancel by the 25th is because of the back up order. If you don't place an order it goes to backup, so that people who want to get their commission check will get one even if they forget to order.

You can only get a commission check if you place your order each month and maintain preferred customer status. The back up order goes out on the 25th if there has not been an order.

Melaleuca needs the notice before the 25th for this reason.

I have not had any problems discontinuing any services or getting product shipments corrected. No questions asked and no extra shipping if any thing is omitted from my order.

I have been using Melaleuca Products for over 20 years and there is not a product they make that I would not use for my family! We use Melaleuca products every day and they DO make positive changes!

I am a business builder for Melaleuca and would be happy to enroll anyone who might be interested in a healthier longer happier life!

I have 20 years of management experience and have helped many people help others to make a great "plan B" in their lives! Residual income is REAL with Melaleuca and I can show you how simple it can be for YOU!