Livingston, New Jersey
36K views

I have fibromyalgia. I began going down hill a few years ago to the point that I had to use a wheelchair at times. In fact, I went to a Minneapolis hospital to try and find a diagnosis, and had to use a wheelchair to get around the hospital! I was in such intense pain that I ended up in the emergency room where they had to give me two shots of morphine before I got any relief. I even hated to wash my hair because it hurt so much. And should anyone even brush = against my legs or arms I would wince in extreme pain. This gives you an idea of what I endured everyday. I had 6 injections in my hips and spine. I was taking so many medications that my prescriptions cost almost $500 per month (and I had no medical insurance!). I was so drugged up and drowsy all the time, yet extremely exhausted because of the lack of quality sleep at night. After the injections didn't work, the Pain Clinic put me on strong pain pills and I was up to 6 per day. I was then told about Malic Acid (an amino acid) which helped me cut my pills to 4 per day. I started getting deep massage, which caused excruciating pain, yet gradually began to help me. But I was still taking 4 pain pills a day, antidepressants, and Ambien to sleep at night. Still quite a mess, you could say!

In January 2000 a friend of mine heard about Melaleuca and wanted me to try it. I was so sick of people telling me what I should try. I had tried so many things and it was disheartening to spend the money, get my hopes up, then feel so dejected when nothing happened. But my friend was SO persistent. So I started taking the Value Pak, and Provex, and within two weeks I felt more energy. Over the next couple of months, as money allowed, (I still was taking all my costly medication) I saturated on Provex, starting with 15 per day for 7 days, 10 per day for 7 days, then gradually reduced until I was at 4 per day. I was tired of being tired in the morning from the Ambien, so I tried taking the Acetaminophen PM instead. I couldn't believe it . . . it worked just as well, but didn't leave me so groggy in the morning. I was now down to 2 pain pills a day.

The next on my hit list was my antidepressant. I HATED taking it! But The doctor told me it was absolutely necessary for someone with fibromyalgia (FM). Well, I decided to do some research and what I found out was pretty interesting. The main reason they prescribe antidepressants for FM is to help raise the level of serotonin in the brain. People with FM are depleted of this for some reason. So, on to more research. Luminex, which has St. John's Wort, does the same thing without the adverse side affects. So I switched! The way I did it was not quite in line medically, but I was so determined to get off of them. I gradually cut down the antidepressant, then started taking the Luminex. How exciting! Same increased levels of serotonin without the shakes and drowsiness of the antidepressants. Awesome! This is what I now take to keep my FM under control:

MELALEUCA PRODUCTS:

VITALITY PAK - 1 each, twice a day

PROVEX PLUS - 6 per day (double on super, bad days!)

LUMINEX- 2 per day (I started with 3 per day, but now I take 2 per day)=20

CELLWISE - 2 per day

REPLENEX - 3 per day

ACETAMINOPHEN PM - 2 tablets 1-1/2 hours before bedtime (Two months ago I also started taking 2 REST EZ, and cut back to 1 ACET PM. So far so

good, but every once in a while, two are still needed for a good night sleep.)

MELALEUCA TEA - lots every day

ACCESS BARS - one every morning (mainly on work days) to absorb lactic acid, which is part of the pain of FM, plus 15 minutes before ANY exercise or massage therapy (helps cut the pain dramatically!)

MELALEUCA OIL - put on really sore muscles once or twice a day

PAIN-A-TRATE - put on all sore muscles once or twice a day, after MEL OIL (try after a bath - your pores are open and it penetrates deeper!)

MOISTURSIL OIL - I soak in a hot tub with some of this. It soothes the soreness! Or use as massage oil . if you have a willing masseuse

available!

ACTIVATE - I can't afford to get the flu or a cold because it wrecks havoc on my muscles!! I always keep a good supply of Activate on hand and take at the first symptoms with lots of Melaleuca tea. I also put 2-3 drops of Melaleuca Oil, lemon juice, honey and some hot water in a cup and drink it! It sure isn't too tasty, but it has helped heal me almost overnight.

OTHER POINTERS:

MASSAGE THERAPY - I go at least twice a month, or once a week when I'm not doing so well. It needs to be deep massage, which is really painful. I make sure to eat an Access bar 15 minutes before going. Then I'm only sore for a day rather than two weeks! KEEP ACTIVE! Under-use of muscles creates more pain, even though activity hurts. It will hurt more in the long run if you do nothing! Stretch and stretch some more! The spasms in the muscles will get worse and worse if they are not stretched. Plus, the nerve endings which sense pain get trapped in the spasms and alarms go off . . . INTENSE PAIN!!! Start off slowly, but don't quit!

EAT PLENTY OF FRUITS & VEGGIES - I get more burning sensations when I don't. (Or when I eat a bunch of goodies. Eating sugar feels like you are pouring drops of acid inside your muscles!)

One of the most important things I have found with chronic pain is that you must learn to control the pain rather than allowing the pain to control you. I REFUSE to be controlled by pain. Of course, it sometimes takes time on my knees to accomplish this!! And sometimes we are our own worst enemy. When I begin a downhill slide I can easily fall into self pity, then I realize that I'm not doing what I KNOW I must do to maintain a low level of pain . . . like getting plenty of rest, taking my vitamins, putting my Pain-A-Trate on twice a day, not working 55-60 hours a week as was my normal schedule, etc. etc. I have to make my health a number one priority! =20

When the pain is so intense, it is difficult to focus on anything else, but a positive attitude in the midst of trials is a weapon that can defeat even the worst attack. Days when I have a difficult time getting out of bed, or going up stairs again, I remember back when I was using a wheelchair for long distances (like airports!) I remember when I ended up in the emergency room because of the intense pain and needed two shots of morphine to keep my body from going into shock! Then I am grateful for today and it's blessings, and focus on doing what I know to be right to get back on track physically! Don't get me wrong, I don't always practice what I preach, but I try to do better each day and rely on the victories of the moment to keep me heading in the right direction. I thank Jesus every day for what He has given me in Melaleuca. Sometimes divine healing comes from obedience in what we do (and swallow!!).

But now I don't get the luxury of being catered to as much in the hospital any more. Darn that Melaleuca. :)

I hope that this is helpful.

Raylynn

Product or Service Mentioned: Melaleuca Vitamins.

Comments

How was your Fibro diagnosed? Melaleuca or "tea tree oil" is an antibiotic.

I suspect that you are / were septic with some infection. Fibro is supposed to be associated with specific sore spots, not soreness all over. It sounds like your diagnostic trip to the MN facility turned into a pain crisis, instead. Did you ever see an infectious disease doctor?

There are some infections that (due to their politics) the MN facility I am guessing that you went to (the famous one, right?) will not do: proper testing for Lyme, bartonella, babesia, mycoplasma, candida, or mold / fungal toxins. If you have MTHFR or some other methylation genetic issues, it might explain your pain without active infection (body is missing steps in methylation process and therefore cannot detox, I.e.,blood work may show plenty of folate, yet body cannot use it in that form, so in the presence of plenty your body would be "starving" for it. It is possible to get your entire genome sequenced online for under $200, additional websites allow you to interpret and are usually anywhere from free to $20. In choosing consider what you would learn from each.

If your doc doesn't accept the results, then you at least know which genetic test(s) to do for verification. If you do this, know that genes are not destiny. They influence odds of certain things, yet knowing you are at risk allows you to lower other risk factors, which might, possibly switch those genes off. A hot bath high in Epsom salts, with some baking soda and 1 cup hydrogen peroxide can help quite a bit with pain, too.

Now my disclaimer: I am not an MD or licensed physician. None of this is to be construed as medical advice, and no physician-patient relationship is established nor implied.

Before changing medical treatment(s) consult with caregivers to ensure that there are no contraindications or dangers of worsening your condition(s). Medical or other treatments are attempted at the discretion of the individual, who solely bears the responsibility for due diligence and any outcomes (whether positive or negative).

@Anonymous

As someone who has FM I can positively tell you at times every inch of your skin hurts. I do not buy from Melaleuca, my daughter gave me some of their supplements and they work where others did not.

it helped your life not ruined it as title indicates. Very happy for you and thanks for sharing.

@saronzon

Yes please fix headin. Makes no sense; it either did or did not ruined your life!

I was impressed with the improvements you made. However I am curious on the financial cost of your cocktail.

Your comments are wonderful, yet posted under "Pissed Off Consumers". You definitely need to change your misleading title. If you're so happy with what Melaleuca has done for you, why would you want to hurt them?

I am so happy to hear that the Mela products help you with your Fibro!! I love shopping with this company also, and for all the comments that I have read about the title, its a great title.

People aren't going to bypass it they are going to read it. And obviously it works like that otherwise there wouldn't be so many comments!!

Great post! Love reading how these products help!!

Why does it say it ruined your life, sounds like it saved your life?

The headline is on purpose. It makes people read! It's an unethical marketing trick.

@KC

I know right! Makes you wonder if they sell the stuff?!!

#1198476
@Anonymous

Good for her. I do buy Meleuca and am very pleased with it and only buy it for myself I do not recruite people.

As I feel the company asking people to spend $70.00 or more a month in this day and age is a little out of hand and in good faith I just couldn't strap a family down to pay that every month. I have almost canceled my own account just for that fact.

How ever they do have great laundry soap and hand soap, dish soap, vitamins, and a lot of other products like oils, room sprays, cleaners, face makeup, creams, toners, and face cleansers. Oh and my Very favorite New Items are the Coffee's, Hot Coffee, and Latte for the Keurig, and the ground Coffee for my coffee pot.

I love them all. My best pain reliever for back pain, leg pain, and arm is pain Painatrate.

@KC

I read it because I wanted to hear the negatives too. Good ploy. worked a treat.

@KC

Your right on the money thanks with that comment... Thanks.

I dont understand how they 'ruined" your life...how did it effect you??

There has to be a way to change this headline. This is one of the best reviews I have seen yet!!!

Good information

Sorry for the mistake on headline

Guess she was too excited And didn't watch her lines

But MELALEUCA Is the best company

Cheaper than health food store

Better quality And it works Cleaning products great

WHY is the title of this review of Melaleuca products titled "Melaleuca RUINED MY LIFE"???? I'm very confused by this.

ha you fooled me! Glad it helped.

Right...go to the local health food store instead. Buy local.

@kiki

The local health food store doesn't have the patented proprietary formulas that only Melaleuca has.

Melaleuca Reviews