31K views

I have fibromyalgia. I began going down hill a few years ago to the point that I had to use a wheelchair at times. In fact, I went to a Minneapolis hospital to try and find a diagnosis, and had to use a wheelchair to get around the hospital! I was in such intense pain that I ended up in the emergency room where they had to give me two shots of morphine before I got any relief. I even hated to wash my hair because it hurt so much. And should anyone even brush = against my legs or arms I would wince in extreme pain. This gives you an idea of what I endured everyday. I had 6 injections in my hips and spine. I was taking so many medications that my prescriptions cost almost $500 per month (and I had no medical insurance!). I was so drugged up and drowsy all the time, yet extremely exhausted because of the lack of quality sleep at night. After the injections didn't work, the Pain Clinic put me on strong pain pills and I was up to 6 per day. I was then told about Malic Acid (an amino acid) which helped me cut my pills to 4 per day. I started getting deep massage, which caused excruciating pain, yet gradually began to help me. But I was still taking 4 pain pills a day, antidepressants, and Ambien to sleep at night. Still quite a mess, you could say!

In January 2000 a friend of mine heard about Melaleuca and wanted me to try it. I was so sick of people telling me what I should try. I had tried so many things and it was disheartening to spend the money, get my hopes up, then feel so dejected when nothing happened. But my friend was SO persistent. So I started taking the Value Pak, and Provex, and within two weeks I felt more energy. Over the next couple of months, as money allowed, (I still was taking all my costly medication) I saturated on Provex, starting with 15 per day for 7 days, 10 per day for 7 days, then gradually reduced until I was at 4 per day. I was tired of being tired in the morning from the Ambien, so I tried taking the Acetaminophen PM instead. I couldn't believe it . . . it worked just as well, but didn't leave me so groggy in the morning. I was now down to 2 pain pills a day.

The next on my hit list was my antidepressant. I HATED taking it! But The doctor told me it was absolutely necessary for someone with fibromyalgia (FM). Well, I decided to do some research and what I found out was pretty interesting. The main reason they prescribe antidepressants for FM is to help raise the level of serotonin in the brain. People with FM are depleted of this for some reason. So, on to more research. Luminex, which has St. John's Wort, does the same thing without the adverse side affects. So I switched! The way I did it was not quite in line medically, but I was so determined to get off of them. I gradually cut down the antidepressant, then started taking the Luminex. How exciting! Same increased levels of serotonin without the shakes and drowsiness of the antidepressants. Awesome! This is what I now take to keep my FM under control:

MELALEUCA PRODUCTS:

VITALITY PAK - 1 each, twice a day

PROVEX PLUS - 6 per day (double on super, bad days!)

LUMINEX- 2 per day (I started with 3 per day, but now I take 2 per day)=20

CELLWISE - 2 per day

REPLENEX - 3 per day

ACETAMINOPHEN PM - 2 tablets 1-1/2 hours before bedtime (Two months ago I also started taking 2 REST EZ, and cut back to 1 ACET PM. So far so

good, but every once in a while, two are still needed for a good night sleep.)

MELALEUCA TEA - lots every day

ACCESS BARS - one every morning (mainly on work days) to absorb lactic acid, which is part of the pain of FM, plus 15 minutes before ANY exercise or massage therapy (helps cut the pain dramatically!)

MELALEUCA OIL - put on really sore muscles once or twice a day

PAIN-A-TRATE - put on all sore muscles once or twice a day, after MEL OIL (try after a bath - your pores are open and it penetrates deeper!)

MOISTURSIL OIL - I soak in a hot tub with some of this. It soothes the soreness! Or use as massage oil . if you have a willing masseuse

available!

ACTIVATE - I can't afford to get the flu or a cold because it wrecks havoc on my muscles!! I always keep a good supply of Activate on hand and take at the first symptoms with lots of Melaleuca tea. I also put 2-3 drops of Melaleuca Oil, lemon juice, honey and some hot water in a cup and drink it! It sure isn't too tasty, but it has helped heal me almost overnight.

OTHER POINTERS:

MASSAGE THERAPY - I go at least twice a month, or once a week when I'm not doing so well. It needs to be deep massage, which is really painful. I make sure to eat an Access bar 15 minutes before going. Then I'm only sore for a day rather than two weeks! KEEP ACTIVE! Under-use of muscles creates more pain, even though activity hurts. It will hurt more in the long run if you do nothing! Stretch and stretch some more! The spasms in the muscles will get worse and worse if they are not stretched. Plus, the nerve endings which sense pain get trapped in the spasms and alarms go off . . . INTENSE PAIN!!! Start off slowly, but don't quit!

EAT PLENTY OF FRUITS & VEGGIES - I get more burning sensations when I don't. (Or when I eat a bunch of goodies. Eating sugar feels like you are pouring drops of acid inside your muscles!)

One of the most important things I have found with chronic pain is that you must learn to control the pain rather than allowing the pain to control you. I REFUSE to be controlled by pain. Of course, it sometimes takes time on my knees to accomplish this!! And sometimes we are our own worst enemy. When I begin a downhill slide I can easily fall into self pity, then I realize that I'm not doing what I KNOW I must do to maintain a low level of pain . . . like getting plenty of rest, taking my vitamins, putting my Pain-A-Trate on twice a day, not working 55-60 hours a week as was my normal schedule, etc. etc. I have to make my health a number one priority! =20

When the pain is so intense, it is difficult to focus on anything else, but a positive attitude in the midst of trials is a weapon that can defeat even the worst attack. Days when I have a difficult time getting out of bed, or going up stairs again, I remember back when I was using a wheelchair for long distances (like airports!) I remember when I ended up in the emergency room because of the intense pain and needed two shots of morphine to keep my body from going into shock! Then I am grateful for today and it's blessings, and focus on doing what I know to be right to get back on track physically! Don't get me wrong, I don't always practice what I preach, but I try to do better each day and rely on the victories of the moment to keep me heading in the right direction. I thank Jesus every day for what He has given me in Melaleuca. Sometimes divine healing comes from obedience in what we do (and swallow!!).

But now I don't get the luxury of being catered to as much in the hospital any more. Darn that Melaleuca. :)

I hope that this is helpful.

Raylynn

Review about: Melaleuca Vitamins.

Comments

Are you a representative bringing new costumers to Melaleuca?

chuckduarte1
to Anonymous #1493156

Are you looking to sign up either as a regular customer, a preferred customer or just curious to the main poster. If you are looking to sign up and you want an honest person to sign up with let me know i'm more than happy to assist. Email me direct at chuckduarte1@gmail.com

to chuckduarte1 #1519125

You're not that honest if you're on a post with poaching like questions.

Why is the title Melaleuca “ ruined my life” if it did good for you?

to Curious #1468828

Because that was a way to trick you into reading about their products. THE WHOLE STORY WAS JUST A SCAM MADE UP BY MELALEUCA SALES PERSON.

to Ken #1493124

Indeed. Some of these people can really cook it up. The response is to send notification to the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION and Idaho Attorney's General

yeah;, me too.....thanks to Melaleuca products, I had to return to return to work. The Fibromyalgia got better with the Provex Plus, the Luminex had no side effects like the anti depressants did and the vitamins gave me most of my energy back....just when three doctors told me there was nothing more they could do for me and I would be on disability before middle age. God gave us an earth with what we need...thank heavens for that and for the Melaleuca team for being the vessel.

Reportedly coined in 1939, the term white-collar crime is now synonymous with the full range of frauds committed by business and government professionals. These crimes are characterized by deceit, concealment, or violation of trust and are not dependent on the application or threat of physical force or violence. The motivation behind these crimes is financial—to obtain or avoid losing money, property, or services or to secure a personal or business advantage.

BOY these Melaleuca sales people have no shame. Disgusting advertising to sell an expensive cocktail of supplements to the most vulnerable (fibromyalgia patients).

I'm sure this MLM pyramid member sends this "review" to all his customers. Please listen to your doctor and not random internet testimony.

to Nice sales trick Henderson, Nevada, United States #1350862

I agree. Go Report your concerns here:

- FTC Complaint Assistant

Click here to report someone falsely claiming to be from the government, ...

Concerned about how a company is handling your personal information? .... Complaints from consumers help us detect patterns of fraud and abuse. ....

Providing your contact information will make it easier if we need to reach you to ... Scam Alerts

Press Statement From Chairman Elliot F. Kaye Regarding CPSC's ... https://www.cpsc.gov/...f.../press-statement-from-chairman-elliot-f-kaye-regarding-0 Oct 10, 2016 - No one should have to be concerned their phone will endanger them, their family ...

While we continue our active investigation into reports of phones ... to report any safety issues with these phones to us via SaferProducts.gov. AG - Multi-Level Marketing or Illegal Pyramid Scheme? www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-17337_20942-208400--,00.html Examples of well-known multi-level marketing companies include Amway and Mary ...

It is understandable that consumers often have difficulty telling the difference between ...

Pyramid companies make virtually all their profits from signing up new ... in only 28 levels practically the entire population of the United States - every ..

to Nice sales trick #1359702

Do keep in mind that the customer -chooses- to sign up and purchase Melaleuca's products; just like going to a pharmacy for over-the-counter medication, it's up to the customer to buy what they feel is worth their money.

to Isha #1396119

I spent over a hundred a month on OTC plus prescriptions. 60-90 a month returned me to "the living". I went to a different doctor for six months and he did not know the color of my eyes until one month after I put myself on Melaleuca.

to Isha #1427487

Agree people just love to complain about everything and don't know anything. Ignorance.

Everyone I know who uses their products love it. For the idiots that complain about everything just don't buy it. And go spend your money in the stores like everyone else.

They're still going to spend the same amount if not more every month for the same stuff which really is less effective. But Oh well.

to Anonymous #1468833

Another sales person calling everybody idiots hmmmm i think i will pass.

chuckduarte1
to Nice sales trick #1472403

I have to disagree with you. There is nothing wrong with the way this person titled their article.

It is actually a widely used marketing method that is commonly used. It's not an MLM tactic take a course in marketing and you will see. It get's the readers attention reporters use this quite often and the news media. If you are good at it you can get a lot of people to view your article.BTW Melaleuca is not a pyramid.

By definition a pyramid is a fake product that people buy into where only the originators make the money. This company sells and manufacture genuine high quality products and sells direct to consumer. The people in the business only sign up customers they choose to buy the product and sign up other customers if they choose. The company doesn't advertise thus keeps the cost of the product down.It is the individuals choice to stay with the company or not.

They offer excellent customer service and are very friendly. I also agree that a person should consult with a Dr. before using products that could interfere with their condition. Additionally in case you are not aware Melaleuca is also a registered and licensed Pharmaceutical company.

This company is the real deal.I'm more than happy to explain things further to anyone.

I personally love all the products I've tried excellent quality. You can reach me at chuckduarte1@gmail.com

to Nice sales trick #1475709

You're full of ***

kenklocke
Henderson, Nevada, United States #1281589

:_Bottomline_: If you support Melaleuva, Inc. You also support Melaleuca, Inc.

and/or Frank VanderSloot politics. ~> We Were Sued by a Billionaire Political Donor. We Won. Here's What ...

://www.motherjones.com/.../mother-jones-vandersloot...

Oct 8, 2015 - To be sure, VanderSloot has much at stake in reworking his public ...

If VanderSloot had prevailed, he would have proven that with enough money to throw at lawyers, you ... His company, Melaleuca, sells tea-tree oil supplements and ...

His wife gave $100,000 to the campaign to pass the anti-***-marriage ...

Ken Klocke "Grounded_Thesis" Copyright KK© All Rights Reserved. ~e~™ http://ic3.gov Terminated by a shameless *Mela_shillº "messenger"

Middle Island, New York, United States #1206006

Thanks for this review!

How was your Fibro diagnosed? Melaleuca or "tea tree oil" is an antibiotic.

I suspect that you are / were septic with some infection. Fibro is supposed to be associated with specific sore spots, not soreness all over. It sounds like your diagnostic trip to the MN facility turned into a pain crisis, instead. Did you ever see an infectious disease doctor?

There are some infections that (due to their politics) the MN facility I am guessing that you went to (the famous one, right?) will not do: proper testing for Lyme, bartonella, babesia, mycoplasma, candida, or mold / fungal toxins. If you have MTHFR or some other methylation genetic issues, it might explain your pain without active infection (body is missing steps in methylation process and therefore cannot detox, I.e.,blood work may show plenty of folate, yet body cannot use it in that form, so in the presence of plenty your body would be "starving" for it. It is possible to get your entire genome sequenced online for under $200, additional websites allow you to interpret and are usually anywhere from free to $20. In choosing consider what you would learn from each.

If your doc doesn't accept the results, then you at least know which genetic test(s) to do for verification. If you do this, know that genes are not destiny. They influence odds of certain things, yet knowing you are at risk allows you to lower other risk factors, which might, possibly switch those genes off. A hot bath high in Epsom salts, with some baking soda and 1 cup hydrogen peroxide can help quite a bit with pain, too.

Now my disclaimer: I am not an MD or licensed physician. None of this is to be construed as medical advice, and no physician-patient relationship is established nor implied.

Before changing medical treatment(s) consult with caregivers to ensure that there are no contraindications or dangers of worsening your condition(s). Medical or other treatments are attempted at the discretion of the individual, who solely bears the responsibility for due diligence and any outcomes (whether positive or negative).

Mandeville, Louisiana, United States #1126345

it helped your life not ruined it as title indicates. Very happy for you and thanks for sharing.