Lawrence, Kansas

I answered an add for a job off my space. They enrolled me into a motivated moms where you sell melaleuca.

Without explaining everything they charged my credit cards for products that I didn't order. I am a single mom and was searching for a job and all I got was ripped off. I have tried to be nice and speak with the customer service department to return the items. There customer service has been horriable I have been pushed off on so many people and transferred.

Everyone kept giving me different answers. Do not sign with this company.

Comments

I am a melaleuca customer. When we signed up I didn't like the idea of some things they did.

But as a businessman I realized why they did it. I wanted to quit within the first month, but wife wouldn't let me. Glad she didn't. I did more research on the company and products.

I also, studied their compensation plan and business structure. It really is a matter of educating yourself and paying close attention to the contract. Also, realize as companies grow, they get new people in all areas that aren't perfectly knowledgeable to all the proper ways to handle each situation. The person who signed you up should have assisted you in cancelling.

I have found the people , who do Melaleuca through the internet are more concerned about the money then helping people. This new era of internet sales has really hurt the credibility of this company.

First of all, why are you looking for a job on myspace? Second, why are you lazy?

You get out of Melaleuca what you put into it. If you are lazy, you get no $$.

What else would you expect? This lady is a joke and I found her complaint to be humorous.

That's really terrible that this happened to you, but you have to remember there are scams all over the internet. While Meleleuca is a great company, there are some people who don't give enough info. ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE SIGNING AND GIVING YOUR CC INFO!

I have personaly canceled a few of my downline & they never had a problem canceling. One of the people I canceled was my mom & there wasn't a problem.

@justamember

MELALEUCA IS A SCAM!!! NO DOUBT - Please read below for an actual screwed up experience with them:

My UNSUSPECTING ELDERLY PARENTS (under VERY LIMITED INCOME) visited their friend's house only to find themselves in a Mela meeting. My (too) kind parents decided to do a ONE TIME PURCHASE of some items JUST TO BE NICE TO THEIR FRIEND THE HOST. UNBEKNOWNST to my elderly parents, they were signed up for automatic monthly delivery - which was NOT AT ALL was explained to them nor what they wanted - now they started receiving monthly orders with money coming out of their account every month.

When I received the form, at the very bottom it says that any requests received after the 25th of the current month will be processed the following month... mind you I started to work on this the 28th. So I called to see what options there are so my parents do not have to LOSE any more money...

When we called to cancel, this is what happened.

3/28/13 Patricia/Melaleuca: She is not able to cancel the auto delivery without a written faxed request from the customer. Until that is received, they will continue to process order... and continue to take money from my parents account.

3/30/13 Shawn/Melaleuca: He thinks they may be able to suspend or make changes on the order but he had to transfer me to another department....

3/30/13 Lisa/Melaleuca: I was transferred by Shawn to speak with her who can help BUT she says they can NOT make any changes on the account either AND THAT the next order has to have 35 points to process so I can not even lower the total of it either. She says that there is no way to stop or suspend the next order until they receive the request via fax. She says whatever my parents signed (which they never got ANY COPY of it either - if there ever was) is legal and binding. I then explained that it cannot possibly be because they are NOT legally able to enter into an agreement because my father is mentally incapacitated AND that I have their Power of Attorney. She says that he is still legally responsible and that another order will come out which can not be suspended.

The rep says, she NEVER signed them up for monthly auto delivery.

Melaleuca says that the rep had them sign an agreement which my parents NEVER SAW.

My parents said there are THREE OTHER one-time customers (besides them) that she is trying to cancel with Melaleuca for the same reason.

These are the kind of people that represent this company - which is obviously not far from the kind of company that they are... VICTIMIZING THE UNSUSPECTING ELDERLIES!

I'm sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with the customer service, but I can't understand why. In just over 5 years of being a VERY satisfied customer, I have had maybe 1 or 2 reps that seemed worse for wear. Melaleuca is a very good company and they pride themselves on having the Best Customer Service.

As for the business, were you given a presentation of what the company was all about, how you earned your commissions, bonuses, etc? If so, you should have realized that this was not a regular job. If you were not given a presentation, then the fault there lies with the person who introduced you, not the company.

In my several years of building a business, I have had customers cancel for different reasons, and none have had any problems getting their accounts cancelled as long as they got their request in writting to Melaleuca BEFORE the 25th of that given month. I do always check myself AND ask them to contact Melaleuca BEFORE the 25th to be certain it has been cancelled.

95% of our customers are happy with Melaleuca, I am sorry the other 5% is not, but tha is just life.

Since the internet has grown so fast with so many forums it seems easier to post on boards like this rather than filing Formal complaints with the Better Business Bureau.

The BBB is the only legitimate organization for consumer fraud complaints. They deal directly with the company for you, have an arbitration arm to work out satisfactory results and never leave a complaint open.

If you have not filed with them you have not legitimized you complaint and leaves one to wonder as to the validity of these posts.

#101926

well mr 'not frauds' as you have earned over half a million I can assume that you have never tried to cancel yours. so you don't know what you're talking about. funny that there are so many complaints that they won't cancel your subscription and keep charging those that have if that isn't the case (10,000 on this site alone)

In the presentation, you were told that you could cancel your membership at anytime and if you cancel by the 25th of the month in writing, you would not be sent a backup order. I have earned over half a million dollars, so you just are lazy.

@not frauds

CANCEL ANYTIME!?! :upset

I have yet to see that!

The rep says, she NEVER signed them up for monthly auto delivery.

When you sign up for Melaleuca, to get the preferred customer status, you have to order 35 points worth of things a month. If you don't cancel your membership, you have a 35 point back up order that is made for you.

The company didn't rip you off, you just didn't read what you were signing. I am sorry that the customer service has been so bad, but you did agree to the terms.

@Melissa

My parents never agreed to anything but a one-time order. They were NEVER given a copy of the "SUPPOSED" agreement that they "SUPPOSEDLY" signed.