2K views

I was told that I could sign up for $1 for a year membership which I did. Next thing I know they debited my card $65.47 that I did not have.

Screwed my whole account up. I'm highly ticked to say it nicely. I call and complain and they said they sent out a box of materials that I never received and that you have to purchase $35.00 a month to be a member. So since I never received the box they resent it and I sent it back and they are refunding SOME of that money to my account after it is already screwed up and I was charged fees.

I cancelled my account and I'm reporting them everywhere that I can. They did NOT have permission to debit my account for anything!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Melaleuca Membership.

Comments

I don't if the person that enrolled you gave you the correct information but you must buy 35 point of different products each month (not $35). There is an "emergency cart" you were suppose to select in case you forgot to make your order that month.

They would charge you automatically the amount of that emergency order (which vary depending on the products you chose). The $1 for membership is just one time and may I say the original membership is $30.

If you don't receive your package through mail, report it and they WILL RESPOND. Have been a member for 3 years and never had a problem.

I tend to think the complainers on these sites don't really have enrollers. They are trying to sabotage a great company without even understanding the truth.

Many companies out there want what Melaleuca can deliver for people.

So I guess if these other companies can't beat us, they then try to hurt us.

how did they get your card number? did you give it to them?

If they got it by fraud why don't you cancel your card? Your words....They did NOT have permission to debit my account for anything!!!!!

#882070

The wording in this complaint doesn't make any sense. Your sentence etiquette is all wrong and needs to be addressed so It doesn't surprise me that your complaint is as equally inaccurate also.

The preferred customer membership as I understand it is a minimum 35 point order commitment on a monthly basis so that costs involving stock, inventory and storage for production management can be planned more efficiently and more cost effectively for the customer and the company combined. Saving even more money as a result. The 35 points and NOT $35 as you mentioned in your statement reflects the avoidance of currency exchange rates to make ordering in monetary value in every allocated country worldwide a whole lot simpler for the EDUCATED customer, unlike yourself. The products have been proven over the last 29 years to be very valuable and significant to the existing 850,000 households who use them and continue to use them on a regular basis.

The $1 membership is a promotion that happens randomly on any given month that saves you paying the usual new enrolment fee which can range between $25 and $39 depending on the Country you are in and has also been proven to be quite popular worldwide. The Back up order a customer selects willingly is a safe guard that protects your monthly loyalty shopping dollars and your membership should any customer forget to order due to unforeseen circumstances or changes in their lifestyle for example.

This is a reassurance and insurance that Melaleuca still has the customers best interests at heart without fail.

SO, IN CONCLUSION, I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ADD THAT IF YOU ARE GOING TO CONTINUE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANY COMPANY WORLDWIDE, I SUGGEST YOU FIRSTLY GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND STUDY AN ENGLISH LITERATURE WRITING COURSE AND THEN THOROUGHLY RESEARCH THE FACTS AND HISTORY ON THAT COMPANY EFFECTIVELY AND WISELY, THEN MAKE SURE THAT SOMEONE LIKE ME WHO IS NOT EVEN AN ASSOCIATED MEMBER OF THE COMPANY YOUR COMPLAINING ABOUT DOESN'T COME ON HERE JUST TO EMBARASS YOU INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY SO THE RIGHT PEOPLE WHO ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING IN LIFE ARE NOT PHASED BY UNEDUCATED PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT THEIR TALKING ABOUT.

misscus
#882012

All of these companies are scams. I've known that for so many years!

I don't get it why people keep falling for the sales and marketing scams. Oh, I know, it's because we really want to believe.

Your complaint is falsified...maybe to make a bigger point? The regular membership cost is $29.00 PER YEAR or if they are running a special, $1.00 to sign up as a customer or the regular $29.00 fee to be a Marketing Rep.

There is no reason why they would take $65.47 from you, even if they charged for two memberships the numbers still don't add up.

Maybe you enrolled as a preferred customer that has to maintain a certain number of points each month to get all of the awesome discounts like 40% off? And if so, then you would have committed to receiving a back up pack if you do not order so that you can remain as a preferred customer, however, you can change your status anytime from your portal online...so do a little more research before you spout off about things that do not make sense.

Why did u give them your credit card number if u weren't aware there would be a charge? Why did u return the products without trying them....u might have loved them!

US395

Sounds like your enroller did not do a very good job of explaining or helping you. Have you contacted your enroller?