Livingston, New Jersey
17.2K views

I have been reading through this site and am completely confused at people who have said you couldn't cancel. I know at least a few of the complaints here are false, because I know of at least one person who works for another company that told me they had posted on here multiple times. I think it's unfortunate someone does something like that here. So, in an attempt to try to clear things up, I decided to make a post myself on how to cancel.

My personal exprience with Melaleuca has been great. They truly do have some of the best products - anywhere. Switching to natural products has made all the difference to me and my family. But even with that, sometimes for various reasons someone is going to want to cancel - that happened to me once. For personal reasons I needed to cancel my account, which I did. It was easy. I should also tell you, 2 months later I was signed back up. I just couldn't go without the products. Most of the stuff bought at the store makes my skin itch and eyes burn. Life like that is miserable. But I'm off topic - If you ever find yourself in a situation where you want to cancel- here is the simple, easy, step by step process:

1) log in to melaleuca at melaleuca.com/youroptions, 2) fill out the cancelation form, 3) fax it in to melaleuca and YOU'RE DONE!

A FEW TIPS - If you have not placed an order for the month then you are going to want to get your cancelation in to Melaleuca BEFORE THE 25th OF THE MONTH to get it there in time to be processed before your selected backup order gets shipped out. Otherwise your backup order will ship this month because it will likely take till the 1st or 2nd of the next month before the cancelation is completed. (I've seen this stated clearly by the company somewhere on their sign-up forms - but in case you missed it, you now know.)

Make sure your information is readable on the form you fax in. They can't process a cancelation if they can't read it.You should receive an email a few days later confirming the cancelation of your account. If you don't get this email, follow up with the company about 4-5 days later to confirm. The company has great customer service agents who are very helpful. They'll bend over backwards for you.

I've known a few friends who have canceled their accounts and then regretted it later after they ran out of thier Melaleuca products and want to come back.

After you cancel your account, you can still buy melaleuca products, but you lose the 40% discount. Still a great buy - There are many people who shop this way just because they love Melaleuca products but don't want to have to buy every month.

You can return to get the discount by calling the company. You'll need to repay the customer membership fee, but for the 40% savings, it's worth it for most people.

Product or Service Mentioned: Melaleuca Membership.

Comments

renepinell

Nuevamente les ruego la cancelacion de miMembrecia, espero comfirmaciopn atentamente

Renepinell

#302008

lamento mucho tener que renunciar de la Menbrecia ya que no tengo tiempoya que estoy emfermo y no puedo mobilizarme para lss presentaciones

they do offer a one time order at preferred customer price, after that you can pay full price and continue to order or sign up and get a savings, on the form you sign there is a place you check about your backup order, or select your own,

so simple even a caveman can do it.

I think the problem is people can be confused and/or misled into this auto ship. Many people are eager to help friends in thier new business thinking sure i'll buy a couple products for him/her and if they are good i'll buy more. If they are not so good they'll leave me alone. While the presentation i was given did expicitly state it's an autoship I can see how people may not understand it or how this information can be vauge. Yes i understand people need to take responsibility for what they sign.

I think melaleuca should do three things-

a- offer a first time non-commitment discount so people can try products. If they are happy they sign up for the auto-ship.

b- to avoid misunderstandings and misleading reps, a customer who does sign up for autoship should do so through a thirdparty or a website where it is stated clearly that this is an autoship.

c- make cancellation instant through a web sitr or a 1-800 number. snail mail or fax is too impersonal and people are really in the dark as to whether it goes through, you can do this securly, instantly and transparently.

if melaleuca did these type of things I would try them.

Melaleuca Reviews