Augusta, Georgia
22.4K views
4.2

I have been extremely concerned about some of the Melaleuca products I have been using. First of all, I will not buy any of their food products because most of them contain artificial sweeteners hidden in the ingredients.

I began to think, If these are in the food, maybe the body products aren't safe either. I then realized the body wash and lotions have ingredients such as dimethicone and phenoxyethanol. Phenoxyethanol can alter DNA. I think it is very dangerous and can cause cancer.

After doing much research, I know there is no way I could offer most of these products to other people with good conscience. It's a shame because there are a couple products I like such as the detergent and fabric softener. I am going to look next into their cleaning products.

They all list "preservatives" as an ingredient but it doesn't explain what preservatives. Anyone using Melaleuca should be doing their own research.

Reason of review: dangerous ingredients.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Melaleuca Pros: Customer service.

Melaleuca Cons: Dangerous product ingredients.

Comments

@Anonymous

Should still be kept out of the reach of children! Rather take your chances?!

Are you one of the reps defending this "natural" green washing co? give me a break..

@Anonymous

Cleaning with vinegar would be safer than Melaleuca...safer than top brands doesn't cut it for me.

@Anonymous

This is so true, my friends son drank some of our most strongest cleaner and he is just fine, Poison Control told him to drink water because it is very sour because of the many lemons Melaleuca uses to preserve it

@Anonymous

You forgot to add they test on animals after signing an agreement with PETA to never test on animals!!!!

@Anonymous

I would like to know where you got info on signing agreement with PETA

@Anonymous 123

Simple Google search of melaleuca and PETA. Read Peta's repirt.

@Anonymous

It is actually very simple to find bacon that has no nitrites or nitrates added just as it is also very simple to find products to apply to your skin and hair and cleaning products that do not have toxic chemicals. There is no need to settle for Melaleuca when there are plenty of available products out there that do not have the chemicals that Melaleuca does. If someone wants to use Melaleuca and they are fine with the chemicals that are in it that's up to them however it seems silly to me for someone to say that they will use Melaleuca because it's better than a lot of other products even though it does have many of the same harsh chemicals.

Have you ever called their product support line at 1-800-742-8094 to discuss your concerns? I have always found them to be extremely helpful and very educational.

Be careful what you read on the Internet to be true. There is a lot of misinformation out there.

@TLB

They will not give you a list of ingredients. They claim its proprietary information. Why buy products without knowing what's in them?

@healthygal

I had a different experience than you. I am highly allergic to a preservative that most manufactures add to there liquid products to prevent mold or mildew to develop over shelf life.

It is call Methylisothiazolinone. I called the 800# and told the woman I am highly allergic to this preservative and she gave me a full run down of every product that has it and every product that does not have it.

I called major companies when I was diagnosed with this and not one major company gave me the time of day to answer my question. From my experience,They will tell you what ever you need to know about there product.

had same experience.

#991964
@healthygal

I had an allergic reaction to their cleaning solution. I requested to know what the ingredients were.

They requested my personal medical history and declined to share any of the ingredients stating that they didn't need to. I contacted several managers throughout the organization and was redirected back to the same people.

I was finally told to send an e-mail, which I did and I still have not received and response back. I was however, allowed to unenroll from their program very quickly and without issue.

@healthygal

I'm sure you buy products all the time without knowing everything that's in them!

@Anonymous 123

Junk food that I know isn’t good in the first place. Everything else I research, I highly recommend EWG website for this.

seven generation from target is my go to currently.

It always goes on sale w/ gift cards given then cartwheel digital coupon. Price ends up being less with better straight forward ingredients.

@TLB

Why do I have to call a 1 800 number to get facts about supposed ¨natural healthy products¨? It does not make any sense and in today´s world we do not have time for that.

Call centres are history. If they are such a good company they should be transparent and give visibility to all customers and potential customers about the composition of the products they offer as well as the working conditions of workers that work in the factories that produce these products.

@Transparency and Visibility fo

Agree, if its all natural then list the ingredients. I call BS on a lot of their products.

They obviously are not a company of tgeir word. They tested on ani.als after signing with PETA that they would never test on animals.

So therefore I don't trust them. They obviously will do and say whatever to sell and market.

This is your own opinion and not the correct information,

@c moore

The person that wrote the original message is partly correct. Melaleuca uses synthetic ingredients in their beauty products.

If you read the labels you will see ingredients like disodium edta, dimethicone, polyethylene, sodium hydrxide. These are only a few. Maybe none of these ingredients cause cancer but then these are the same used in other regular cosmetics brands. I was enrolled briefly in melaleuca because i was told their products are all nat.

They indeed add some botanical ingredients, but that does not make them all natural. Their cleaning and household products are superior and their vitamins are great.

But it is good to do research on your own and not believe everything you are told. I did and went back to the skin care i used

@Anonymous

So if you are particularly concerned about such cosmetics don't use them. But don't bad mouth the company because you have unique beliefs. Personally I think you are nuts.

Melaleuca Reviews