Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey

The products are overpriced. We have been trying to close this account for over 1 hour now.

They make it EXTREMELY difficult and hope you will just give up and keep receiving their automatic shipments of stuff you don't want or need. This is an extremely questionable business practice, and companies like this should be avoided no matter what the quality of merchandise. Most of the positive reviews are from the actual distributors who obviously place the positive reviews so their prospective clients think they are getting something special.

Sign the contract at your own risk. Any company that requires you to spend a minimum each month, whether you need products or not, should be questioned.

Comments

i agree. i had a terrible time canceling my account and they refused to refund me for the original shipping that they charged me.

i have had the worst experience ever with them and I recommend you stay away!! :(

Hey Jim I know 3 people who makes over 50,000 and by the way everything is a pyramid the job u work is one u will have someone over u then it goes down from that. This is a great company I already make 5,000 a month so don't hate on it just because u can't do it or did it and gave up

I say BULL ***. ITS EASY AS 123 to cancel

Seriously If your trying to cancel your account. Here's the link...

Melaleuca.com/youroptions no ones trying to *** over. You signed up for it... You agreed to the commitment and you are probably irresponsible... Its no ones fault that you have a friend that b.s.'d you and lied to you.

How is it possible for melaleuca to keep track of who lied to you? Call them directly yourself they are not going to lie to you! 800-282-3000. Your just as dumb as the next dbag that googles tup-o-wear or shackley better yet!

Hit amway up! Ps. Blue torch award? Never heard of it???

GOOGLE that to!!! Yeah stuff that in your pile hole.

Have a nice day... :]

I canceled mine very quickly. If memory serves you just need to mail a letter to the company asking them to cancel your account before the 25th of the month. Make sure you mail it out at the beginning of the month.

I find it funny that those who are deffending this pyramid scheme have been with them for a matter of months. You have yet to see that in this type of sales model only those at the top make any real money.

I'll check back in August to see how broke you are.

I find it funny that those who are deffending this pyramid scheme have been with them for a matter of months and all seem to have the name anonymous. You have yet to see that in this type of sales model only those at the top make any real money. 50,000 by August, man are you delusional! I actually feel bad for people like you. And stop harping about the BBB, they are a toothless organization with no authority what so ever!

Their products are only OK, nothing I couldn't easily find at the grocery store...but to have the honor of having their product in my home, I get to pay more. And their cancelation policy is suspect. I don't mind faxing as I have one at home but my point is; I signed up online, why can't I cancel online? Not only that but I canceled my account in February and I was charged again today! I even went so far as to cancel my check card and yet they were still able to charge me for this garbage! Their customer service is rude and play dumb, and worst of all this company preys on people who didn't have parents that told them "if it sounds too good to be true, it is"!

I'll check back in August to see how broke you are.

I have tried acouple products, that were gifts, i disagree... the stuff i tried, toothpaste was no better than colgate, the suntan lotion , my family of four tried on vacation, was our worst nightmare, it was so waterproof we couldnt wash it off with soap and water for almost 5 days, it turned out skin pale white and we all burned as a result of it, the sunless tan lotion, just use your imagination, that was aweful.. and i agree , you shouldnt have to commit to a purchase from any company every single month if the items they sell are soooo wonderful, you should have free will to buy them on your own!!

Sorry you had a bad experience. I quit Melaeluca for a few months because I was overstocked and it was very simple.

I downloaded the form online and faxed it in.

Got a response the next day that my account was closed. Signing back up when I needed more items was just as easy.

Snoop,

If you checked with the BBB, you should've seen that Melaleuca has been awarded the blue torch award for the last two years now. If they were practicing poor business and trying to screw over their customers, they wouldn't have received the Blue Torch Award for 2 consecutive years now. Cancelling a membership is really easy, you go online, print out the form, fill it out, fax it in, (and yes, lots of places have fax machines to use) or mail it in and you're out. It's that easy and simple.

We've been customers and are doing it as a biz as well for the last 7 months and we couldn't be happier with the high quality of the products, their low pricing and the company is OUTSTANDING. We've had a few friends join for a few months and decide to stop and it wasn't an issue at all.

Everyone reads and signs the agreement, and the enroller should make it clear about the back up order and if they want to cancel. It's a shame there are people out there enrolling people the wrong way and people in turn have a bad experience.

Sorry to hear you are one of those people.

Well, hopefully the person that will be making $50,000 by August will be able to buy a dictionary. What a joke.

well i guess this answers my question i asked in another thread. I would have tried the product if i knew what i was trying.

in another words trying it before I join the preferred customer agreement automated thing.

Of course it's smart for maleleca to have this model but i can't think of any other company doing business like this when it comes to new customers. don't like it.

You know it is nothing now days to go to a box ad ship company, or stapled and pay 15 cents for a fax. Try it.

I completely understand being skeptical, I was too.. But the complaint about having to join seems a little silly to me.

1st of all 63% or so of the money you spend at the grocery store goes directly to advertising and marketing of those well known products on the shelves. The reason you have to join and order the products is because M is an actual manufacturing plant. They save ALL that money in advertising and marketing by relying on word of mouth referrals by happy customers.. In turn that money saved goes into making better products.

The reason they want you to do a certain product points is so it is easier to see numbers for production so there is less waste and their budget stays in tact. Also, they can promise certain $ amounts to people who are doing the business offering a more reliable base for starting a business. It isn't fishy, it is smart. Also, try the products.

They actually ARE more affective in most cases. And compared to other "safe" products out there they are much more affordable.

Yea u definitely didnt listen to ur enroller at all. Ur back up order can be customized so u don't get random products u don't need and even if u weren't told that if u spent time looking at the web site it shows u how to do It.

I'm pretty sure u weren't born yesterday and should know that staples, Walmart and a couple other places have FAX machines if u Don't. There's so many other ways to save money than just on the products ya know. My fiancée and I I have been customers for only 3 months now and we love it and r also advancing in the business end.

We will Me making 50,000 by August or before then and that's on top of our current jobs but u have a great life and don't kick urself on the butt too hard when the person who enrolled u is making awesome money. :)

Snoop thanks for sharing. I've been reading similiar issues and agree "they" have quite the antislander campaign going trying to discredit complaints.

This makes me more skeptical than the actual complaints. When a friend tried to sign me up I was told i can't try the product (pay retail) and i had to become a preferred member (join)..

this was very fishy to me..i'm not a fan of Agreements and if the product sells itself what's the problem. i'm glad i'm a skeptic.

Funny how you can't sign the calcellation form and email it back. It has to be faxed or snail mailed.

Most people don't have a fax machine in their house, and of course if you snail mail it, more than likely you'll get stuck with another unwanted shipment. I did check the BBB, plenty of similar complaints.

You do not know this business at all. This is a wonderful company.

Check them out on the BBB. I would recommend this company to anyone. If you want to cancel you should by the 25th of the month, or you will be again next month. Nothing gets cancelled in an hour.

You obviously did not read the contract. Your stupidity.