2.5K views

A "friend" Talked my wife in to signing up.Our credit card gets hit $93 every month and in return we get a box of garbage that would cost you $20 at Walmart.

This is just short of a pyramid scam. You are signing up to give the person that sold you a cut, the person that sold them a cut, etc... If you wan to give money away find a nice charity. I was in banking for 25 year and these people were despised in the industry.

People spent months trying to get the charges stopped and Melaleuca would tell them it was there banks fault. The bank is only the processor they can't stop or initiate a charge derived from contract you have signed.

FRIENDS DON'T SELL FRIENDS MELALEUCA.

Had an Experience with Melaleuca?

Comments

Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania, United States #815386

Someone apparently was ordering $93 worth of products every month.Do you think you can order things and 'pick a payment'.

Why didn't you call the company and as for 'the form to cancel?" Fax it in before the end of the month and you are done! As was said, the standard 'back up' order is about $52.99. Being a banker then you should understand that Melaleuca is similar to the insurance industry 1. you choose a policy 2.

pick a payment method 3. pay every month 4. Your agent collects a portion. Nothing illegal or wrong with this.

It's a BUSINESS.

If you don't like Melaleuca's products you are free to go back to Walmart.

to pati #846540

He didn't say it wasn't ordered; he said it was a box of *** his wife was talked into buying from a "friend". Not a very good friend and companies like this know a certain percentage of "friends" will sign up due to peer pressure, which is why they have their little parties to introduce the garbage.

IBuildLeaders
Absecon, New Jersey, United States #804066

:eek Im confused.The backup order which is not an autoship, is $52.99.

Listen... If you have an honest gripe thats fine, but dont lie.

There is absolutley no way you get hit with a $93 charge on your credit card every month.Just stop it.

to IBuildLeaders #846544

Clearly they ordered $93 of *** a month.He said they got hit with a bill and they received this *** that would be cheaper at Walmart.

He thinks you sell ***.

You don't like it, so you make up a story.You are so brainwashed it is scary, so happy I am not dumb.

This is amazing.A friend of mine continues to post information about MELALEUCA and their products.

She talks about the low costs and how the products are organic and free of toxins.

I try to do a little research and see that everyone uses the exact terminology that she does.I am starting to think MELALEUCA is some kind of weird cult.

to Anonymous Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania, United States #815721

Well, I can assure you it's not a cult.LOL!

As an enroller I never claimed (nor did Melaleuca) that their products were 1. THE best 2.Organic (though some of the new snack food contain organic sources. 3. The ingredients in the home care line have eco friendly components.

Are they toxic? Well I wouldn't drink them or rub them in my eyes or pour them in my ears! See how silly this all becomes? I think the Mela haters just need to research and try to find any reason they can to tear down the fact that 1.

Melaleuca is doing record breaking sales 2. Use 'generally' safer ingredients 3. Profit share with their mkt. Execs.

rather than the middle man store billionaires. Personally I like the fact that those who want to refer this shopping concept get checks every month. Ever recommend a great restaurant to a friend? Ever have the restaurant pay YOU every time your friend eats there?

Didn't think so. Shop where AND best of all no one gets hurt..meaning if you don't like the company or products don't join Melaleuca. This is a free world. Shop where you like.

I'll stay with Melaleuca because my family has benefitted from the products for the past 19 years. I know my friends who I introduced to Melaleuca have been with the company as long as I have. We're not crazy or a cult.

Just satisfied with the products and the company.

to Pat #846546

People involved in a cult never know they are in a cult until they leave, if they ever leave.

to Anonymous #846545

You have hit the nail on the head.They get these people to believe a certain way, as they are the types who think they know everything and that they are smart.

Like their religions, politics, or this company, they are right no matter what. ALL CULT MEMBERS in a variety of ways. You can't teach these people due to their strong denial mechanisms.

Perfect cult followers, perfect sales people.

to anonymous #846664

You're right.

Broke people are in a cult.

Anyone who breaks out, and goes against the collective must be a ***.

Why don't they just they just continue to buy products from the regular store like normal people.

They should continue to purchase poisonous products just like us.

Those brainwashed bastards.

Clearly we're right and they're wrong. How did you say it?

"You can't teach these people due to their strong denial mechanisms.Perfect cult followers, perfect sales people" Someone should make them stop, so they can be broke and opinionated just like us.

ali1721

Pyramid scam?How is that possible?

Is buying a car a pyramid scam? I mean the sales guy, the finance guy, the sales manager and the company make a profit when you buy a car. Melaleuca does not advertise and in turn shares profits for those who are advertising for them.

I work in real estate and when I refer a client to another agent I get a 25% referral fee - is that a Pyramid Scam too?Why is this concept so hard to understand for you?