99 views

I also have had issues with the cinnamon mouth rinse. I take a break from it, but every time I go back to using it, it irritates my gums and burns my tongue where it is numb for days affecting my ability to taste.

There is nothing on the bottle that says it's concentrated. There are no instructions that say to dilute with water. But I DID dilute with water thinking that would help and still had the same irritation and burning. I am able to use the peppermint mouth rinse, it is ONLY the cinnamon that does this.

I also use the cinnamon toothpaste with fewer issues but honestly I don't notice a huge improvement in my oral health over the cheaper brands in the store. I really gave it an honest try, but this is the last time I use this cinnamon mouth rinse as currently my gums are swollen and painful and the tissues in my mouth are peeling. I stopped using it a few days ago and it's slowly getting better with saltwater rinses.

As for the commenters who want to blame the us users for these reactions--we're not idiots, give us some credit that we know what we're talking about and it's the truth. Accept the fact that not every product this company makes is perfect nor is it for everyone.

Here are the directions from my bottle (for the naysayers):

adults and children 12 years of age and older: vigorously swish 20 mL (4 teaspoonfuls) between your teeth twice a day for 30 seconds and then spit out.

Do not swallow the rinse.

children 6 years to under 12 years of age: supervise use. children under 6 years of age: do not use

User's recommendation: avoid. not worth the risk of burning your mouth.

Preferred solution: first, an acknowledgement that this product severely irritates the gums of some people. do more research to figure out what we're reacting to and reformulate the product..

Comments