Charged for product that was never received

I was reinstated I believe in October. There were some shipping charges that needed to be paid before I could come back. At that time You withdrew the charges $12-- and charged me for an automatic ship. Today is the 12 Jan 2010. My account has been debited for $61.20 twice with no product. Please reimburse my account and remove me as a customer. I returned to melaleuca in good faith and now its happening all over again. I have my bank statement with the dates that you attempted to get money and the bank charged me $28.00 each time. A formal complaint will follow with my signature; and this complaint will also be included. Thank you for all your attention to this matter. Carol West 1301 S. Andes St. Aurora, CO 80017 720/298-**** (c)

@mommajill....why are you commenting on posts from two years ago? You've been on 3 posts that I have seen, and I'm sure I'll see others.

Trust me, these people are long gone...anyone who has had a bad experience with Melealuca isn't coming back. :upset

#531984

Praise God, So far I have had nothing but great experiences with both Customer Service, and Business Department, also the products are worth their weight in gold......

hate to hear you had a bad experience, but I agree you should contact the available departments and get to the root of the problem...

I would advise you to directly contact Melaleuca. I have been a very satidfied customer for over 5 years and have never had any problems with this. If I didn't receive a product I ordered or had a damaged item in my order, I contacted customer service and they immediately shipped the original or a replacement to me.

They want their customers to be happy, all you have to do is ask them. This company is NOT a scam! The scammers are those who are selling products with harmful and hazardous ingredients right out in plain sight on your grocery store shelves. They are the ones doing damage to your health and scamming your wallets.

If you look them up on the BBB, you'll see they have satisfied any complaints they have had with their customers.

As a past extremely unsatisfied customer, I encourge you to cancel ASAP. I am so happy to no longer do business with a company that I consider a total Scam!!!

Since the internet has grown so fast with so many forums it seems easier to post on boards like this rather than filing Formal complaints with the Better Business Bureau.

The BBB is the only legitimate organization for consumer fraud complaints. They deal directly with the company for you, have an arbitration arm to work out satisfactory results and never leave a complaint open.

If you have not filed with them you have not legitimized your complaint and leaves one to wonder as to the validity of these posts.

View more comments (4)
Aurora, Colorado
Melaleuca Customer Care

Good luck cancelling your membership

A company should not require its customers to purchase a product if they choose to discontinue using it. We are trying to cancel our account and they are going to send us an order, even though they have not sent our order out yet, and we do not want the order. We made...

Apparently "mommajill" is also being paid to troll this site and write comments on every negative post dating back two years...Wow...Must have alot of time on your hands. Business slow?? Leave these people alone and make your money...ooppps..I mean help people.

Richardson, Texas
Melaleuca Membership

Melaluca is the best company for all!

I don't know why so many complaints.Any company has a policy of what rules they have to go by.Melaluca has EXCELLENT products and are SAFE.My experience has been wonderful.Until you've tried all products don't down the company!Did you know that the worst chemical to put on your kids hair for lice is RID.The best shampoo for that is the Melaluca shampoo and it's all natural and gets rid of hair lice and costs betwwen $6-$7,and you just need enough to cover your hair and let stay in for about 5 min. and then rinse.
#119082

It is true that you can buy similar products in markets for less, which may even come in larger bottles. The untruth here is that those store bought products are cheaper.

Melaleuca is the world leader in concentrated formulas!

One 32 oz bottle of Mela Power laundry detergent is equal to THREE bottles of 2x concentrated liquid Tide...FOR HALF THE PRICE! If you are going to make claims, please have some product knowledge FIRST!

If you're going to make a statement that their products are not non-toxic and that they are making false claims, maybe you should provide proof, just like Melaleuca does.

#101924

:) My wife swore by Tide she has switched and we love all the products the people at the head office are the best , its a great company.............

#101912

If I were you i'd do a little research into some of their ingredients. the non-toxic and 'natural' claim is, to be frank, fraudulent.

all of their products can be purchased cheaper and easier locally, and you wont be committed to buying what you don't want, and then their is the cancellation, which makes it nigh on impossible to leave. Melaleuca, like all MLM's is for the ruthless or naive

I agree I love Melaleuca's products and my family has become healthier using the products. All I did was switch stores and shopped for safer products that save us money.

I love that I have not been to Walmart since 2008! All of my friends and relatives that I introduce Melaleuca, love it too! I do not understand why people are out to get a company that has won so many awards for their integrity and ethics.

I am a lifetime shopper and I am not making a lot of money, the money does not mean as much as my family's health. Melaleuca I can trust their products.

View more comments (4)
Fresno, California

Melaleuca is a rip off don't do it they are frauds.

I answered an add for a job off my space. They enrolled me into a motivated moms where you sell melaleuca. Without explaining everything they charged my credit cards for products that I didn't order. I am a single mom and was searching for a job and all I got was ripped off. I have tried to be nice and speak with the customer service department to return the items. There customer service has been horriable I have been pushed off on so many people and transferred. Everyone kept giving me different answers. Do not sign with this company.

I am a melaleuca customer. When we signed up I didn't like the idea of some things they did.

But as a businessman I realized why they did it. I wanted to quit within the first month, but wife wouldn't let me. Glad she didn't. I did more research on the company and products.

I also, studied their compensation plan and business structure. It really is a matter of educating yourself and paying close attention to the contract. Also, realize as companies grow, they get new people in all areas that aren't perfectly knowledgeable to all the proper ways to handle each situation. The person who signed you up should have assisted you in cancelling.

I have found the people , who do Melaleuca through the internet are more concerned about the money then helping people. This new era of internet sales has really hurt the credibility of this company.

First of all, why are you looking for a job on myspace? Second, why are you lazy?

You get out of Melaleuca what you put into it. If you are lazy, you get no $$.

What else would you expect? This lady is a joke and I found her complaint to be humorous.

That's really terrible that this happened to you, but you have to remember there are scams all over the internet. While Meleleuca is a great company, there are some people who don't give enough info. ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE SIGNING AND GIVING YOUR CC INFO!

I have personaly canceled a few of my downline & they never had a problem canceling. One of the people I canceled was my mom & there wasn't a problem.

@PissedConsumer121683

MELALEUCA IS A SCAM!!! NO DOUBT - Please read below for an actual screwed up experience with them:

My UNSUSPECTING ELDERLY PARENTS (under VERY LIMITED INCOME) visited their friend's house only to find themselves in a Mela meeting. My (too) kind parents decided to do a ONE TIME PURCHASE of some items JUST TO BE NICE TO THEIR FRIEND THE HOST. UNBEKNOWNST to my elderly parents, they were signed up for automatic monthly delivery - which was NOT AT ALL was explained to them nor what they wanted - now they started receiving monthly orders with money coming out of their account every month.

When I received the form, at the very bottom it says that any requests received after the 25th of the current month will be processed the following month... mind you I started to work on this the 28th. So I called to see what options there are so my parents do not have to LOSE any more money...

When we called to cancel, this is what happened.

3/28/13 Patricia/Melaleuca: She is not able to cancel the auto delivery without a written faxed request from the customer. Until that is received, they will continue to process order... and continue to take money from my parents account.

3/30/13 Shawn/Melaleuca: He thinks they may be able to suspend or make changes on the order but he had to transfer me to another department....

3/30/13 Lisa/Melaleuca: I was transferred by Shawn to speak with her who can help BUT she says they can NOT make any changes on the account either AND THAT the next order has to have 35 points to process so I can not even lower the total of it either. She says that there is no way to stop or suspend the next order until they receive the request via fax. She says whatever my parents signed (which they never got ANY COPY of it either - if there ever was) is legal and binding. I then explained that it cannot possibly be because they are NOT legally able to enter into an agreement because my father is mentally incapacitated AND that I have their Power of Attorney. She says that he is still legally responsible and that another order will come out which can not be suspended.

The rep says, she NEVER signed them up for monthly auto delivery.

Melaleuca says that the rep had them sign an agreement which my parents NEVER SAW.

My parents said there are THREE OTHER one-time customers (besides them) that she is trying to cancel with Melaleuca for the same reason.

These are the kind of people that represent this company - which is obviously not far from the kind of company that they are... VICTIMIZING THE UNSUSPECTING ELDERLIES!

I'm sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with the customer service, but I can't understand why. In just over 5 years of being a VERY satisfied customer, I have had maybe 1 or 2 reps that seemed worse for wear. Melaleuca is a very good company and they pride themselves on having the Best Customer Service.

As for the business, were you given a presentation of what the company was all about, how you earned your commissions, bonuses, etc? If so, you should have realized that this was not a regular job. If you were not given a presentation, then the fault there lies with the person who introduced you, not the company.

In my several years of building a business, I have had customers cancel for different reasons, and none have had any problems getting their accounts cancelled as long as they got their request in writting to Melaleuca BEFORE the 25th of that given month. I do always check myself AND ask them to contact Melaleuca BEFORE the 25th to be certain it has been cancelled.

95% of our customers are happy with Melaleuca, I am sorry the other 5% is not, but tha is just life.

If you have not filed with them you have not legitimized you complaint and leaves one to wonder as to the validity of these posts.

#101926

well mr 'not frauds' as you have earned over half a million I can assume that you have never tried to cancel yours. so you don't know what you're talking about. funny that there are so many complaints that they won't cancel your subscription and keep charging those that have if that isn't the case (10,000 on this site alone)

In the presentation, you were told that you could cancel your membership at anytime and if you cancel by the 25th of the month in writing, you would not be sent a backup order. I have earned over half a million dollars, so you just are lazy.

@PissedConsumer96103

CANCEL ANYTIME!?! :upset

I have yet to see that!

When we called to cancel, this is what happened.

The rep says, she NEVER signed them up for monthly auto delivery.

View more comments (11)
Lawrence, Kansas
Loss

Think twice before joining this company

DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY - SERVICE IS A NIGHTMARE MELALEUCA Is like joining a bad nightmare that you can't wake up from. I joined Melaleuca and was a customer of theirs for 6 months. During this time, I only bought vitamins from them. At one point, I was a week late in ordering the vitamins and they sent me a box of stuff I did not order. I called and asked why they sent me this stuff and charge my credit card for it and they said because I forgot to order my vitamins they sent me a "back up" order to fulfill my monthly membership obligation! I supposedly filled something out that picked these items to be sent to me if I did not order something in a month! NOT SO MUCH! I think I would remember filling out a form picking out a buch of items, especially when they are items like shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, etc. that I would never purchase from a co like this....My question to them was "WHY THE F WOULDN'T YOU SEND ME THE SAME ITEM I HAVE BEEN PURCHASING FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS INSTEAD OF A BUNCH OF *** I DON'T WANT". They of course in their friendly superficial tone said that is not the way it works and said I could ship the items back to them for a full refund. HAHAHAHA - FULL REFUND, MINUS THE $15 IT COSTS FOR SHIPPING. STRIKE 1 - paying for shipping for items I didn't order and didn't want. Okay, then I was told I had to terminate if I didn't want the following months shipment. So.....I faxed over a termination notice terminating membership immediately and told them they better not send me the September shipment. Guess what? They did anyway and I didn't accept it when the UPS man came knocking at my door. When I called to get them to refund my card - they said "sorry, you had to send in notice by the 25th, not the 27th even though the shipment didn't go out until the 31st so they clearly got my letter before sending me the box of *** again. They again told me they would credit my card LESS the $15 shipping charge! $30 FOR SHIPPING ON ITEMS I NEVER USED! THEY WOULD NOT BUDGE - NO DISUSSION / TERRIBLE SERVICE! business review of Melaleuca : 1 star

From reading your complaint, I don't see where you have any real grounds to even complain... The company did exactly what YOU instructed them to do! The membership forms are very easy to understand and are very user friendly. There is clearly a place on the form, where you can choose your back-up order, or you can allow the company to send you a selection of various products. If you wanted just the vitamins, this is where you would tell them that. Otherwise, you accept the companies selection of various items.

Since this choice was not made by you, then by default, you will get the selection that is sent by the company. You can change this option at any time. However, because you had already authorized the selection order, this is what you were shipped. YES, they will give you a full refund for items returned (used or not). But why should they also have to reimburse you for shipping? You agreed to this choice before they sent it to you. They did the job that you asked them to do. The fact that you didn't want that selection of products is a moot point. You got what you asked for, and they shipped it to you!

You need to own up to your own mistakes and not try to hold Melaleuca or others responsible for your obvious oversight on the membership form. This is an extremely ethical and good company with incredible products that are unmatched in the marketplace. If you had not been so narrow minded and tried out that product selection that you received, you would have found that there is so much more to Melaleuca than just there incredible multi-vitamin products. Sorry, but you were the one who was in the wrong here!

After reading your rant, it's obvious that Melaleuca isn't your problem... The problem is YOU!

Apparently, you didn't even bother to read anything or ask any basic questions that would have made your experience the complete opposite of what you claim. There was nothing there that could not have been easily solved or avoided, had you bothered to pay any attention to a few simple details. The Customer Service reps at this company are phenominal, and are always ready to address any issues or misunderstandings with their customers. The only real problem I see from your post, is that you obviously are very ignorant to minor details, and as such, you like to blame others for your inability to cope with the very things that literally tens of thousands of other members of Melaleuca have turned into very positive and successful experiences.

Learn to pay attention dude... You might find that you'll like the results for once in your life!

Sorry, I'm not going to like your company more if you call people who complain about it "dumb". Let's just stop that.

Yes, I remeber initialing a big blue box giving the comapny permission to send me an order ONLY IN THE EVENT I FORGET TO PLACE MY ORDER BY THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH. Never got a back-up. I think someone else said it right, this forum is for lazy people to bad mouth a great company!

A lot of you guys are pretty dumb. I just signed up last night and everybody gets you to fill out a back-up order that equals 35 points.

He also told me that I had to fax a letter saying I wanted to cancel. no big deal. Why would someone want to cancel? These products will single handily lower chemical related illness ten-fold.

This is just a forum for lazy people who don't listen or don't get results right away to cry and complain. PATIENCE is the KEY.

Doesn't anyone find it disingenuous that Pissed Consumer charges businesses a minimum of $4999.00 year and for the right to rebut complaints? Wow, no wonder everything here is so one sided.

Now, if Pissed Consumer charged the consumers $4999.00 would that level the playing field a little?

Complain to legitimate sources like the BBB and you will have a true advocate on your side.

I have been a customer since Dec. 9th, and love the products!

I am a lifetime customer. The products have value, are safer for your family, home and the environment, and they save you money. It makes sense. They also offer a great opportunity to make residual income.

I made a lot of money in just my 1st month. I am very excited about this company! If anyone wants more info.

View more comments (38)
North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Product
Melaleuca Vitamins

Forced out due to Monthly Puchase

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE many of the Melaluca products -not all. I had to cancel my membership because I just couldn't keep up with the mandatory monthly purchase of whatever number of points it was approx $ value $75+tx CAD. I would ask my family and friends to order at reduced prices every now and then but still I didn't want to keep hindering them. HOWEVER I would like to know if anyone is interested in taking my order (at preferred prices) to stay in the game I would like to offer myself up. In fact if there are a few who respond to this - I am willing to get it started again and do the same - get a few people in my area and we can all order at prefferred prices and keep up with the order. If one of us can branch out - then great !!! Anyway contact me if you are interested and live in the Montreal, Quebec, Canada area. lucy.raymond@***.ca
#208883

I use to order products from Mela, I love thre products, but hate to have to order 35 points per month. I usually get an over stock of one item, or the other.

Love all there products, but can only afford a few items.

After cancelling it is hard to live without them. Seems I am stuck between a rock and a hard way to go.

I agree with Lucy. I had to drop out.

Maybe for some this is feasible, but not for me. I am a single woman who does not earn much, and I just do not buy that many products monthly. I like Melaleuca's laundry soap, Sol-U-Mel and Sol-U-Guard and some of their other home products, but I honestly tried the personal products (deodorant, soap, shampoo, etc.) and really just could not grow to like them. They did not work for me.

I still may buy some of the home products at one point, but it bothers me to have to pay SO much more because I am not a member making monthly purchases.

Seems either way they are trying to force you to spend more than you are comfortable with, and that is a problem for me. It just kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

My wife and I Love the Products, Now we are building the Business. In business there is always some type of overhead, But this OVERHEAD COST is a simple one, Its things your are already purchasing! I have done my research and the IN STORE PRICE FOR " ECO FRIENDLY PRODUCTS" is OVERPRICED!

When I looked into the company And saw the Prices and the comparisons IT WAS A SIMPLE CHOICE!

I look at it like this, Its a mind set choice. Plus they have all kinds of relationships with many great vendors , where you can get rebates and discounts on there products as well. I do my best to help those who are looking at switching oveer to these products. if you have any questions comments email me at gogreenlifestyle@***.com

I am sorry to here that this person felt like they were forced out. The 75 Points is only for those who want to build a large business.

In fact if you just want to buy these products for personal use there is no quotas at all. You pay the retail price and you still save money compared to using store brands. I started out as a Preferred Customer 35 pts about $60 a month. My wife and I tried the products and now we are building a Home Business that will one day set us Free from working for someone else.

That is our goal. Well, hope you reconsider signing back up and giving it a go again.

I have been a Melaleuca customer for over 6 years and now order over 170 points a month....if anyone has a problem with 35 points then they dont bathe, brush their teeth, do laundry,take preventitive nutritional supplements, and wear makeup....sinmple as that...... and I am not talking all of these things just a few:)

I've been a Very happy Melaleuca customer for over 5 years now. I can't really understand why it freaks people out so much with the 35 points. I know for a fact that I save at least $50-$100 a month by shopping with Melaleuca each month! It was called ... Impulse Shopping!!

Plus, my mind is boggled by those who would rather purchase toxic products at the store, rather than shop for safer, most-cost effective products.

Then there are those who can justify eating out every night or purchasing 2-3 Starbucks coffees a day as a better way to spend their money. That's ok, but in my own experience, once your health is to far gone, it's a VERY long road back to it, if ever.

I guess that's why 95% of our customers are so happy and healthy!

With over 400 products in their line, Melaleuca has something for every room in the house.

It's just my wife and I and we use over 100 pts a month in product, just by replacing all the items we used to purchase at the store. Reduces our shopping down to just groceries for the most part.

If you have a hard time meeting the minimum, then take a check list and start with one room, say the bathroom: No Work Daily Shower Cleanser 3 pts, Sol-U-Guard 6 pts, Tough and Tender wipes 2 pts, Tub and Tile 3 pts, Fresh Rain Mist 3 pts, Dental Pack (tooth polish , rinse, breath spray, floss, toothbrush, gum) 10 pts, Herbal Shampoo 6 pts, That's the 35 pt minimum and I haven't even gotten to the conditioners, styling stuff, hair treatments, bar soaps, deodorants, etc...Most of these will last a couple of months, so you order next month for the laundry or kitchen or medicine cabinet or snacks.

One room at a time get it's it done.

Email me at hchughes@***.com. :)

I recently joined with Melaleuca and I really love the products. I know that some would say that you are spending more on the items than at the store.

The main thing that I enjoy about the products is how safe they are for my family. I live check to check just like most others and some probably think I am crazy.

I am currently trying to build my organization and if there is anyone who has pointers please email me at amarolindy@***.com and put Melaleuca in the subject. Thak you and have a lovely day!

A girl from my work starting selling these products. Thought they sounded great because they were chemical free and so on.

I thought I would join not to make extra money, I work full time already, just cause the products sounded great. But now after reading all this I have something to think about.

Our family is on a tight budget and I don't want to be screwed!! Thanks for all the info.

View more comments (21)
Montreal, Quebec
Melaleuca Membership

The Products are Great & So is the Opportunity

I'm never surprised at the people that signup for a MLM and fail. The reason being is their own FEAR of being successful, but it takes work to build a business verus trading your hours for dollars. Stop, crying and work the business and it may take a couple of...

I was a member for 9 years. I faxed in my letter and never had a problem with the company charging my card again.

Guess they fixed the problem. Good luck to those that make MLM a business.

San Jose, California

Financial Health and Physical Health

Made me Healthier/Wealthier every year! Over 16 years of shopping for better, safer "chemical free" products, and reasonably priced via online couldn't ask for better convenience. The best customer service anywhere! I love the RESIDUAL INCOME I've received for over 16 years to date. Thank You, Melaleuca! I love to be able to walk my talk of being GREEN since everyone talks about it and yet the products in their homes contains harsh chemicals that can harm their families and the environment. How do you respond to such! If you're truly the honest from the heart kind of person and not the purposefully damaging type of personality, you would benefit yourself with Melaleuca products.

Dear What Ever!

I totally agree with Written by What Ever! Did you see and hear a complete either New Horizons presentation or the new Delivering Wellness presentation?

Melaleuca is such a very simple and totally make sense concept (IF YOU REALLY GET THE CONCEPT). We are simply switching store, and by the way, you signed the agreement form, Melaleuca will not charge your account without your consent through your signature. I'm sorry that you don't even know that you're doing yourself a disservice by not giving Melaleuca a chance. It can bless you too.

It's been a huge blessing to me and my family.

My son's asthma and hypertention is completely gone. I was diagnosed with Lupus and Fibromyalgia late 1990s and ever since I switch to Melaleuca Store, I am completely drug-free, full of energy, and never have any single cold or flu!

I can appreciate how you feel It's too bad that you never understood the Preferred Customer Program you signed. The company never charge customers account without their consent!

You might want to review your agreement that you signed when you became a customer!

Unfortunately, our own ignorance can cause unnecessary heartache. Don't bad mouth a SUPERIOR company because of such.

This was one of the worst things i could have bought! They kept my checking account number on file and placed orders for me....with out my consent!

They didnt want to get me back my money nor take the *** back! I didnt think it made a difference.

Been 5 years and i still got some of that *** left! Pnc wont refund my money either..needless to say i dont bank there and i'm not buying that *** again!

View more comments (2)
Seattle, Washington

Response to Skin Therapy

Melaleuca is like a BJ's for Sam's Club - it is really for members only. We all understand that we can't shop at those establishments without becoming a member. It is not a hard concept to get! The beauty of Melaleuca is that you can become a member, try the products (plus receive $20 in bonus products). If for any reason you do not like the products, you can cancel in writing before the 25th of the next month and the company will reimburse your money (as long as you cancel within the first 60 days). There is nothing to lose. It is great because they have a 95% reorder percentage. If the products were bad, there wouldn't be people who have been customers for over 15 years.

The membership fee is only paid once, not annually. @ Response to Skin Therapy- It's not $20 in free products, it's $20 a month for 5 months, totalling $100 in free product for new members.

Well, there is a yearly membership fee. However, you can buy just the Renew lotion when you need it and not be on a monthly purchase plan.

The monthly purchase is for when you are a preferred member. The advantage to that is you will be able to buy that lotion at a discounted rate.

If you are not enrolled to be a "preferred member" you can still buy Renew however, it will be at a higher price tag. On the other hand, if that is all you are interested in, then its worth it without the added additional purchases.

All I want is the Renew lotion. My daughter has excema and I joined Melaleuca for about a month and did not have a pleasant experience. Is there anyway that I can order the lotion, and not have to be put on a monthly purchase?

View more comments (2)
Groveland, Massachusetts

Response to Jill

Every successful company has had incidences of bad customer service. The fact that you were a customer for so long indicates that the company was doing something right. Why you had difficulty in canceling, I don't know. But to think that you were satisfied for so long and then the bad mouth of the company is really not good. That is like you had a great friendship for so long, something happened, then your friend plastered you name and reputation over the internet. There needs to be balance. It is never good to do things in anger - we say things and do things that we later regret!

Everyone that responds to these compliants is obviously a marketer or company employee.

Groveland, Massachusetts

Renew Intensive Skin Therapy .

Ya know, all I wanted to do was order some of this lotion, but I had such hard time even trying to get some. I tried to open an online account, but these people took me through so much bull, I called the 1-800 number, and they said it would be a couple of weeks...

Your best bet is become a Rep yourself and order the product directly from the company. If you're anything like me, everything from Dishwasher detergent to laundry detergent to regular household cleaners bothers my skin and sometimes affects my breathing.

Instead of using Sulfates, Chlorides and Phosphates as surfactants, Melaleuca uses tea tree and citrus oils and other natural ingredients in extremely effective combinations that's safer for your skin, safer for the environment and safer for your family and just as importantly it DOES THE JOB. The best part is that since it's all super concentrated, you'll save money in the long run by switching stores.

You could always simply Google "Melaleuca Renew" to find that one product, but you'll end up paying twice as much as ordering direct.

If you can't find someone locally, email me at Juan At YourGreenChance Dot Com (trying to keep the spam bots away) and I'll go over the whole thing with you online. (We can do a screen sharing session, where you can see my screen and go along with the presentation).

Antioch, Tennessee

Tired of all the bad things said by the uneducated

I am a customer of Melaleuca. I have no upline, no downline, etc...I am just a customer. The products, taken and used as directed, are the best I have ever used and they save me money. I care about the health of my family and the environment. And I need to save money in these tough economic times. How do we save the environment? Together, we all can make a difference. All I can say is, "Use the products and you will understand." And the customer service is top notch too. I have only praise. Try to return something at your retail store...stand in line, deal with rude behavior. I'm sticking with Melaleuca. Great healthy products, delivered to my door for less money. Who could ask for more?

I've now used melaleuca for two months, referred melaleuca for two months and I just made a $500 bonus plus my residual income and my house has never been cleaner. Sorry you had such a poor experience but you are definitely not the majority considering that they did over 1 billion in sales and they have a 95% monthly customer return. I think your situation is not the majority.

I have been a customer for 6 months and love it all. I love what the company represents.

At first, I started just because of the green products, but then wanted to tell everyone about all they do. I have enrolled several and have had a couple decide it was not for them because they too did not read the material. They did not have any trouble what so ever cancelling their membership nor did they encounter any problems returning their order. I have returned a few products for and exchange with no problems.

The staff is very helpful.

I will be a customer for life and I am not rich. Love it.

I just found this discussion while I was looking treatments for Fibromyalgia for a friend. I've been a Melaleuca customer for 5 years.

I agree with the others about Melaleuca being a great company. It compliments my personal philosophy. Call Melaleuca if something is wrong and they will work with you. Read your membership kit.

They encourage you to tell a few people and get your products paid for. If you think you can just sit back and get a paycheck, you are mistaken? Having your own business is hard work. I would say that the rewards are well worth the effort.

I haven't paid for products in 5 years.

No one is obligated to spend money unnecessarily and products are very good. You gotta buy soap, shampoo, cereal, and lotion, don't you?

They are a private corporation- that lady MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT READ THE MEMBERSHIP KIT!!! Not one friggin' word!

sickofthesethieves is the most ignorant blogger I have seen to- date on this site. Don't be bitter because of your own stupidity.

Im new to Melaleuca and only have used a few products. i just got the value pack.

to make this easier, lets just say there were 20 products in the pack. I liked 16 of them. pretty *** good average. no the company isnt perfect but if i can get the same or even better value without leaving my home.

why not? i too am trying to start the business. we shall see.

but i do know if i only get a few costumers, my products will basically be free. not sure you can beat that.

It's really comical to here all the whining about bad service or over priced products..the best one is, they had to close out their bank acct.....what nonsense. If you enrolled to make it a business and NOW have all these complaints, I'm just curious as to how much you're making at what ever it is you'll be crying about tomorrow. MELALEUCA AWESOME!!!

#120406

:upset I worked so hard at this business. I invested so much money in high speed internet, multi-phone lines for conference calls, office equipment not to mention the cost of having to buy leads and also bugging people.

I wish I had all that money today invested somewhere and I would still have more than I do now. I must say that I did love the products and would probably have continued using them had I not been told how much I had to spend each month. It wasn't always necessary for me to shop or not always in my budget.

This business is for someone with no money issues and too much time on their hands. Good Luck and do you're research

#120296

I am also a customer of Melaleuca and have been for ten years now. I will turn 52 this year and I can honestly say that I will never go back to the store bought brands of the products that I use.

Here are just a few reasons, far better products, completely safe non-toxic for family, pets and environment. Shopping is delivered to my home instead of annoying supermarket shopping, and over the years I have introduced four people to the Melaleuca experience and the company sends me a check every month that is equal and sometimes more than what I spent shopping, and they let me chose free products all the time.

No supermarket has ever and will never do that for me. Morel of story...you would have to be an *** to not be a Melaleuca customer.

#101925

tried them, thought they were *** & overpriced. their claim that they use 'natural' and 'toxin-free' ingredients is a lie, a quick look at the ingredients and a little research will show that.

as to an 'honest' company, go ahead and try to cancel your subscription and see how honest they are. I know people who've had to cancel their bank accounts because melaleuca keep taking money out, even though they've been sent numerous cancellation letters and faxes. I can only assume all of you are Marketing execs.

it's an MLM (new name for Pyramid scheme) all the products can be bought locally for cheaper. TBH i'm surprised they are still allowed to trade

View more comments (14)
East Brunswick, New Jersey

Melaleuca Cult

I too opened a home business selling Melaleuca products. I was praised to high heaven by my uplines, told what potential I had.....the usual. I invested in office supplies, printer, headphones for phone and computer, files, storage boxes, etc. I had a successful first...

This is absurd! It's obvious that you're not entrepreneurs.

Any business owner knows that to build a business takes a little bit of money and a lot of hard work. The rewards aren't immediate but are great when the effort is there.

Go work for a BOSS if you're not willing to put in the effort. No one ever said success was easy!

Phoenix, Arizona

Melaleuca Charged My Debit Card for a Downlines Backup Order 63.24 and will not Reverse The Charge

THIS IS JUST NOT MY YEAR - 2nd Ripped Off Complaint (What is this world coming to?) I woke up this morning and pulled up my husbands checking account to find a pending transaction of $63.24 from Melaleuca. I have been a member of Melaleuca for 5 years now with a small...

It is technically against policy to pay for an order for someone else. That's what you get for violating the policy in the first place.

Dallas, Texas

Automatic withdrawals, snotty "director" bad product

My wife gave me some vitamins. Not just some but I had to take about 20 pills a day! It was crazy. I got sick that night, couldn't sleep at all and swore off those things. I asked her how much she paid for that *** and she wouldn't tell me. That's when I got suspicious. Turns out they were from Melaleuca, and cost $70 for a 30 day supply! Also found they charge $26 for their spray cleaner (compare to Lysol, which smells better and costs about $22 less!) I also found out they have 3 scientists working there. Proctor and Gamble probably have 15 scientists just working on shampoo, let alone their whole product line. I also found out that once you get sucked into this pyramid scheme, you have to buy 45 points worth of stuff a month ($60 worth or so) or if you don't order, they will just send you a bunch of *** and charge your credit card. I found out my wife opened a Face book account and within a couple days, an old "friend" conned her into signing up. I tried contacting this "friend", as my wife had several bounced checks after the automatic withdrawals (found out she spent over $500 on this *** in a 2 month period), and I got nothing but a runaround from this snobby gal who was sucking money off my gullible wife. This snot even called the cops on me after I emailed her wanting to know how we can get out of this, which she wouldn't say.. By the way, she is from Blaine, MN. and her initials are S.W. Don't let her or any of their reps suck you in!
#199004

Sounds like you are just upset that your wife went behind your back and signed up without consulting with you first. I asked my husband about it before joining. At first he was skeptical, but after ten years, he requests certain products every month and realizes the benefits of the ones we are using and what a good value they are.

I have been a Melaleuca customer for 11 years and have NEVER paid $26 for a spray cleaner. If you get 16 oz of sol-u-mel then that is $25.99 but as I have always done, I shop the need for my family.

As Bob stated, the customer service with Melaleuca has always been outstanding! Anytime I have had a problem, they are there to help.

Just thought I would add my two cents worth.

Sally, the backside of your hand??? really?

Gives you calling the wife an "***" so much value. I am a customer of Melaleuca, not a distributor, no upline, no downline, just a customer. I care about my family's health. I need to save money in these difficult economic times.

Melaleuca products, taken and used properly, are the best products I have ever used. And are an incredible value. I am a customer for life.

Please do not add input to a subject you know nothing about. thank you

Freddy I have been taking the same Vitamins since 98 and know first hand the value of what you take. If you can calm down and read the information she has on them you will understand their value.

You were not ready for the strength and need to start with the Tea first and gradually build up to them. They are very strong anti-oxidents. The cleaning product you bought for $25 is Sol-u-mel and should be diluted down to 6-24 oz. bottles and again read or have someone train you on the value of the product.

All of their products are chemically free and your children would be able to drink their cleaners and not be poisoned by them. Can your children drink Lysol?? The amount of money she spent was probably done to build a business and it sounds like the person who enrolled her did not do a good job explaining what the business and product line is all about. Also their customer service is top notch and will take care of all your problems.

I guarantee this is not a scam. Best of luck if you decide to really take a good look at Melaleuca.

View more comments (3)