Melaleuca - Preferred customers who can't afford the 35pts monthly order.

24 of 275 Melaleuca Reviews
Sep 16, 2013
review #447280

We love this product but want to stay as a preferred customer, as not interested in building a business but joined to support our daughter in building her Melaleuca business .We are both on a disability pension and finding it hard to find $100 dollars a month on an order.

As there is only 2 of us our products last a while.if we were able to order on as needed basis, which maybe a smaller order each month, it would suit our budget better.

Don't want to stop buying this product .Is there anyone else in the same position.

65cb7a3
2.4
Had an experience with Melaleuca?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Joe Blow

Jun 18 Plainfield, New Jersey

I joined Melalecuca about eleven years ago while I was still employed. The products that were presented then were good products, and I enjoyed the variety and vast selection of their products. The problem I had was that i was unable to maintain and accept the monthly shipments of products and have bill my credit card account. The items lasts and I wasn't able to keep up with the supply and demand aspect. I had too much surplus that I could not use. So I cancelled my account. Not sure if any changes have been made, and I'm not sure if I want to do the business as a source of income.

0 1 Reply
Phil

Jun 08 Salt Lake City, Utah

Its very misleading to say that a monthly order is $100.00. The average order is between $55.00 and $65.00 and not $100.00. I'll guess that these folks spend
way more then a hundred bucks at their local grocery store !
All product bought from melaleuca have a 100% refund no hesitations.

6 3 Reply
pati

May 14 Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania

If you are a supplement taker, you can easily make the 35 base points with the Vitality Pack, one additional supplement of your choice, a gold bar and maybe a cleaning product. The supplements are a 30 day supply so you should run out in 30 days if taken as directed. This order will NOT cost you $100. Look up similar items and you'll find you can do this spending about $55.00 + shipping. Just stick to items like this and you will be happier and healthier! Budget your Mela spending.

6 1 Reply

May 17 Cape May, New Jersey

"base points"...you've been with Melaleuca for a while..lol...me too...happy customer since 2/25/97

3 1 Reply
goatmom

May 04 San Francisco, California

Melaleuca allows you to suspend your membership in writing. They understand you don't always need all the products all the time. But their product line has grown so large that I couldn't find anything
I wouldn't need month to month.

4 2 Reply
DJ

Feb 26 Long Beach, California

Just become a Direct Customer. Download a Customer Membership Agreement from your Melaleuca website, print and fill up your Name, Address, Phone number or Customer ID number and choose on the top Direct Customer. Fax it back. And that's it.

1 1 Reply

Feb 11 Auckland, Auckland

You can actually buy just what you want when you ..You will be what is called A DIRECT CUSTOMER versus a PREFERRED Customer. 3 % of the Melaleuca's customers are Direct customers.
Hope that helps you.
Regards,
Axel

proudmomma

Jan 26 San Antonio, Texas

Maybe you could ask other family members that don't have an account to shop for something they might want to try to help you out.

1 1 Reply
Toni

Jan 08

You don't have to spend $100, most people spend $55.00 to $65.00 and if you can sign up 20 people under you, the income you would generate from them would pay for your monthly products and you would be on your way to making residual income to help you with your monthly income. Ask your daughter, as she builds her business, she can help you too! It's a great company. People helping others to buy better products and make extra money each month.

5 1 Reply

Jan 08

35 points should not be costing you $100 a month!!!
don't know what you're ordering but I spend just over that on my 75 points

4 0 Reply

Oct 26, 2013 Black Mountain, North Carolina

Yeah, we were ordering Melaleuca as part of a fundraiser for a local Montessori School but they stopped doing these orders and I really like the vitamin packets. I would like to purchase but don't want to pay double the price. Would love to find someone locally who'd order these for me.

anonymous

Nov 10, 2013 Coral Gables, Florida

Hi anonymous. I agree with you. the vitamins with Oligo are outstanding and I like to help you so that you can still order your vitamins.

Feb 11 Auckland, Auckland

You just need to buy as a direct customer. This is because Melaleuca don't have distributors like other companies..so there is margin for anyone else to supply you a product and that's not fair on them. What I have found works well is if you and a couple of other people join forces and buy together each month.
Regards,
Axel

evelynmarieg

Oct 17, 2013

We love the products too, and have no problem doing 250 pts a month between me and my husband. We are 63 and 58 and both use the vitamins daily, eat the oatmeal and fiber bars daily, popcorn, energy drinks and of course use all the cleaners and personal care items. Most people don't not understand that you are just switching stores, if you have trouble doing 35 pts then you are still shopping at other stores for the items Melaleuca carries. That is how simple it is! :grin

6 0 Reply
me-me

Oct 16, 2013

I can't use all the products fast enough to do 35 points each month, I buy and have products sent to other family members. :) We are all happy this way, and only one of us has to be responsible for the 35 points each month.

Gma

Oct 25, 2013

You're not using 35 points because you have not really switched stores, and you are shopping elsewhere, so you should NOT be a preferred customer, (who shops at 30% - 40% discount.) Be a retail customer. The two in our home use about 225+ points per month. My college grandson used 75 points monthly while in college. To order 35 points, you'd probably be using 5 or 6 products a month (out of 350+ available.) I love shopping for the better, (no toxic chemicals) lower-priced products at Melaleuca; stuff I used to buy elsewhere.

4 0 Reply

Feb 11 Auckland, Auckland

I have several couples and like us ..they are all ordering 45- 90pts a month.
Even a solo person that takes the Daily for Life pack like I do ..thats 35pts on its own.

1 0 Reply
karie32084

Oct 16, 2013 Saint Augustine, Florida

My humble opinion is that you should buy things you are purchasing anyway (we bought the cleaning products in June and haven't run out yet). The beauty products are tempting, but I think the idea is to reallocate the money you are already spending to a different company. :)

2 0 Reply
deebee

Oct 11, 2013

I do understand about the 35 points, but if you have to buy body lotion lotion,shower gel, shaving stuff, laundry detergent, cleaning products, Hand Dishwashing liquid, that easily adds up to 35 points, which is less than $100.00 . Then the next month you will need other products: mouthwash, cold medicine, pain relief cream, liquid hand sanitizer---35 points-less than $100.00, and so on (Melaleuca has over 350 products)---whatever you decide, I think you are AWESOME for signing "just to help your daughter".

3 0 Reply

Showing 1-20 of 23 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Melaleuca.
Filing a new complaint about
×