Melaleuca - Preferred customers who can't afford the 35pts monthly order.

We love this product but want to stay as a preferred customer, as not interested in building a business but joined to support our daughter in building her Melaleuca business .We are both on a disability pension and finding it hard to find $100 dollars a month on an order.

As there is only 2 of us our products last a while.if we were able to order on as needed basis, which maybe a smaller order each month, it would suit our budget better.

Don't want to stop buying this product .Is there anyone else in the same position.

More Review Details

Helpful? 44 Yes 44 39 No 39
Had the same issue 65 Yes 65
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 19 #1066567

My name is Tye of NJ
Let's begin with an apology to all who have tried Melaleuca seeking a better income or health solution and found only negative results.
The objective here is not to harm anyone or steal away from you but rather to show you how we may help you with your financial security or health concerns. Advocates and Directors are your source of information and should answer every question you have asked as well as cover any vital information you may need to take note of.
as a member of melaleuca you have two options... you may use the product strictly as a customer or you may supplement your income by building a business out of it while using the products as a customer. The back up orders are not meant to be used ever! they are what I call "Insurance" which is set in place as a pre-order in case you haven't made an order already and the purpose is to preserve your membership.
now back to the beginning.
our directors invite you to share our business concept with you so that we may decide with you if this is a good fit for your needs. if you see what we see and are open to discussion then we will help you enroll to create your shopping account. we will introduce you to our business partners and support team so as to familiarize you with the people who will help you learn more about the business and show you how to help others. be aware that this is not for everyone and our job is not to pressure anything on you. you may decide what you will in the end
... Show more

0 0 Reply

Nov 05 #1058988

This company really *** me off!
I'm a new member still learning the ropes! The lady I go through her name is Roberta or Berta Alston waits and calls me on the very last day and tells me about the back order I told her I might be interesting after the 1st of jan! Bc I had a lot going on in my life.. She had no respect put the back order in Melaleuca took out $64.66 out of my bank acct without me authorized it!
I needed my money for my med bc I had a freak accident.. I called melaleuca they told me I have to go thru hoops and such-when the order comes in send it in means I have to pay another shipping out of my pocket!!!! Then they email me want to sign to cancel my membership then either fax mail
I had to wait 2 days before I could get my med fill!!!
I have no respect for a company like this neither would I tell anyone about them other then stay away from bc they authorized

0 2 Reply

Oct 16 #1049456

Yes! I cannot spend that much a month and even though they say you can suspend as needed the pressure to buy is intense. I had to quit using altogether though I like their products.

0 0 Reply

Jun 29 #1001205

If you feel that you can't always place a monthly order, you can become a direct customer and order as needed with no minimum requirements. But with over 450 products it's hard not to need something every month. I take the Performance Pack and it's a 30 day supply so just by ordering that I meet my 35 product points, plus I use the GC control shakes and Attain bars on a monthly basis. You are just switching stores!

Joe Blow

Jun 18, 2014 #828958 Plainfield, New Jersey

I joined Melalecuca about eleven years ago while I was still employed. The products that were presented then were good products, and I enjoyed the variety and vast selection of their products. The problem I had was that i was unable to maintain and accept the monthly shipments of products and have bill my credit card account. The items lasts and I wasn't able to keep up with the supply and demand aspect. I had too much surplus that I could not use. So I cancelled my account. Not sure if any changes have been made, and I'm not sure if I want to do the business as a source of income.

1 1 Reply

Jun 08, 2014 #825085 Salt Lake City, Utah

Its very misleading to say that a monthly order is $100.00. The average order is between $55.00 and $65.00 and not $100.00. I'll guess that these folks spend
way more then a hundred bucks at their local grocery store !
All product bought from melaleuca have a 100% refund no hesitations.

10 6 Reply

Mar 24 #962816

I think he/she meant between the 2 of them it's $100.

2 0 Reply

May 14, 2014 #815378 Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania

If you are a supplement taker, you can easily make the 35 base points with the Vitality Pack, one additional supplement of your choice, a gold bar and maybe a cleaning product. The supplements are a 30 day supply so you should run out in 30 days if taken as directed. This order will NOT cost you $100. Look up similar items and you'll find you can do this spending about $55.00 + shipping. Just stick to items like this and you will be happier and healthier! Budget your Mela spending.

7 2 Reply

May 17, 2014 #816235 Cape May, New Jersey

"base points"'ve been with Melaleuca for a too...happy customer since 2/25/97

3 1 Reply

Apr 25 #976608

vita pack is more than $55

May 04, 2014 #811828 San Francisco, California

Melaleuca allows you to suspend your membership in writing. They understand you don't always need all the products all the time. But their product line has grown so large that I couldn't find anything
I wouldn't need month to month.

6 2 Reply

Feb 26, 2014 #788876 Long Beach, California

Just become a Direct Customer. Download a Customer Membership Agreement from your Melaleuca website, print and fill up your Name, Address, Phone number or Customer ID number and choose on the top Direct Customer. Fax it back. And that's it.

2 1 Reply

Feb 11, 2014 #784313 Auckland, Auckland

You can actually buy just what you want when you ..You will be what is called A DIRECT CUSTOMER versus a PREFERRED Customer. 3 % of the Melaleuca's customers are Direct customers.
Hope that helps you.

Jan 26, 2014 #778296 San Antonio, Texas

Maybe you could ask other family members that don't have an account to shop for something they might want to try to help you out.

2 1 Reply

Jan 08, 2014 #770530

You don't have to spend $100, most people spend $55.00 to $65.00 and if you can sign up 20 people under you, the income you would generate from them would pay for your monthly products and you would be on your way to making residual income to help you with your monthly income. Ask your daughter, as she builds her business, she can help you too! It's a great company. People helping others to buy better products and make extra money each month.

7 1 Reply

Jan 08, 2014 #770168

35 points should not be costing you $100 a month!!!
don't know what you're ordering but I spend just over that on my 75 points

5 0 Reply

Jan 13 #930391 Ottawa, Ontario

if you live in Canada it is between $80 to $100

Oct 26, 2013 #733715 Black Mountain, North Carolina

Yeah, we were ordering Melaleuca as part of a fundraiser for a local Montessori School but they stopped doing these orders and I really like the vitamin packets. I would like to purchase but don't want to pay double the price. Would love to find someone locally who'd order these for me.

Nov 10, 2013 #740633 Coral Gables, Florida

Hi anonymous. I agree with you. the vitamins with Oligo are outstanding and I like to help you so that you can still order your vitamins.

2 0 Reply

Feb 11, 2014 #784315 Auckland, Auckland

You just need to buy as a direct customer. This is because Melaleuca don't have distributors like other there is margin for anyone else to supply you a product and that's not fair on them. What I have found works well is if you and a couple of other people join forces and buy together each month.

1-20 of 31 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Melaleuca. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Melaleuca.
Filing a new complaint about